Alex's Cade Reef 1500 S2

wsanley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@wsanley

Did you get it to fit? If not how old is your Cade? A while back they made a change to the sumps making the filter sock chamber about an inch wider. There is a post about it on one of the Australian forums.
No, I never did get it to fit. I did some back and forth correspondence with AlgaeBarn and they determined that the change shouldn't have affected my system and that it should fit. I decided to just go with filter cups and Poly-fil fiber. Working well so far. I kept the SK5000 as a backup for my 125g.

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I never did get it to fit. I did some back and forth correspondence with AlgaeBarn and they determined that the change shouldn't have affected my system and that it should fit. I decided to just go with filter cups and Poly-fil fiber. Working well so far. I kept the SK5000 as a backup for my 125g.
That's a bummer. I pulled the sock frames out and it fit in mine like a glove. I'm still trying to figure out where to put my skimmer. It will obviously fit in the larger part of the sump just downstream of the "sock zone" but then where do you place the refugium? The only thing I can come up with is I may need to silicon in a glass divider pane to separate the largest reservoir and place the skimmer on the left side and the 'fuge just to the right (before the area that has the media boxes) or I guess you could scrap the media boxes and put the 'fuge in their place.

What have any of you guys figured out?

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back