Lightning recommendation

ctyler85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 265g 84x24x30 currently tank is running 4 kessil a360s but they don't put out enough light for the tank. I love the looks of the kessils and the controllability. Originally the tank was running 2 300w black box lights with the optics removed and I had really great growth and coloration. However they no longer make the 300w lights. The closest thing I could find was these
PopBloom T75 Reef Marine Aquarium Led Lighting Aquarium Plant Light Reef Lighting with Smart Controller (Two Panel)
Which is nice with the controller and the lunar cycles and everything however I'm not sure they would produce enough par to get to the bottom of the tank, from what I've read they give about 400 at the surface, which is more than my kessils are putting out. The second option is getting 4-5 of these
VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Dimmable 165W LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum for Grow Coral Reef Marine Fish Tank LPS/SPS
Which is basically the same thing as the 300w lights I was originally using just smaller so I would need 4-5 of them and I would probably pull the optics off as well. BRS did a pretty decent review of these lights...
Or the big boy Option, do I try and source 4 used radions XR30 pro G4s and spend a ton of money, I'm honestly undecided what to do obviously I'd rather not spend a fortune if I don't have to..

Edit: just found these and the have a controller option
NICREW 150W Aquarium LED Reef Light, Dimmable Full Spectrum Marine LED for Saltwater Coral Fish Tanks

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a single Viparspectra over my 24” deep 65 gallon and it seems to do the trick for SPS. I’ve heard you can buy upgraded reflectors for the LEDs that have more spread but haven’t tried them myself.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about Photon V2s? Seen some great results under them (better than radions, to me) and they have good build quality and decent channel control. They are not super expensive, either.

OP
OP
C

ctyler85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The photon v2s would run about the same price as the radions

OP
OP
C

ctyler85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about Photon V2s? Seen some great results under them (better than radions, to me) and they have good build quality and decent channel control. They are not super expensive, either.
The photon v2s would run about the same cost as radions

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Orphek OR3-60 light bars going across - (about 6 of them) and either atlantiks or radions

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back