Lights for corals

GillianB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several corals in my aquarium and I would like to place them where they would be happiest with the lighting par and flow, in my aquarium
I have
Duncan
Xenia
Brain coral
Torch coral
GSP
Candy cane
Kenya tree
Zoas
Monti
Leptospirosis

along with 2 anemones BTA and a condy
I will have this light by next week
I will attach the par chart

my tank is 14in tall and 3ft long

thanks for your advice

B55C1DA2-D453-48CF-9BB6-0BE222328CC8.png

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several corals in my aquarium and I would like to place them where they would be happiest in my aquarium I have
Duncan lo to mid
Xenia anywhere
Brain coral low
Torch coral mid to hi
GSP anywhere
Candy cane mid
Kenya tree anywhere
Zoas low to mid
Monti hi
Assumes not the brightest light.
Locations above

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the name of the light. It looks like amazon black box led so the par distribution picture they gave you is most likely wildly inaccurate. For the corals listed its easy to find care guides online. I use the captions under the frags at vividaquariums sometimes to double check par levels and flow for certain species

OP
OP
GillianB

GillianB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the name of the light. It looks like amazon black box led so the par distribution picture they gave you is most likely wildly inaccurate. For the corals listed its easy to find care guides online. I use the captions under the frags at vividaquariums sometimes to double check par levels and flow for certain species
It’s called

PopBloom S40​

Sorry for the late reply I was at school

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should be able to keep most of the corals but its going to be up the true par that this thing actually puts out. I would say everything except maybe the montipora though I am not familiar with these lights as i am with mars aqua or viparspectra. These popblooms have less wattage but I cant say how much it effects the par output.

OP
OP
GillianB

GillianB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should be able to keep most of the corals but its going to be up the true par that this thing actually puts out. I would say everything except maybe the montipora though I am not familiar with these lights as i am with mars aqua or viparspectra. These popblooms have less wattage but I cant say how much it effects the par output.
My tank is about 14” tall

i might be reading this wrong but are you saying that the monti won’t do well with these lights?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is about 14” tall

i might be reading this wrong but are you saying that the monti won’t do well with these lights?
According to what it says on their Amazon post they seem to be ok. SPS should be higher in the tank. It's just a smaller wattage black box led. Same as the viparspectra, philzon, marsaqua etc.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes that is what I meant, montipora like moderately high lighting 150-250 par, acropora like even more at 200+ IMO. The light you have isnt a tried and true light from a trusted brand so i dont know how much light it actually puts out and it is impossible to test without an expensive par meter. Like Jekyl said it should be fine if montipora is very high in tank but hard to say without the numbers

OP
OP
GillianB

GillianB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to what it says on their Amazon post they seem to be ok. SPS should be higher in the tank. It's just a smaller wattage black box led. Same as the viparspectra, philzon, marsaqua etc.
Ok thanks for your help

OP
OP
GillianB

GillianB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes that is what I meant, montipora like moderately high lighting 150-250 par, acropora like even more at 200+ IMO. The light you have isnt a tried and true light from a trusted brand so i dont know how much light it actually puts out and it is impossible to test without an expensive par meter. Like Jekyl said it should be fine if montipora is very high in tank but hard to say without the numbers
Thanks so much

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back