Lion fish questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter matt62950
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

matt62950

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2024
Messages
101
Reaction score
21
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m wondering the best kinds of lionfish to keep, I keep seeing the dwarf lionfish and the volation at my lfs and am wondering what you all think are good tank sizes for each, and would it be possible to keep both together? Or any 2 lions together, also a minimum tank size for the dwarf lionfish thanks
 
Hello, I’m wondering the best kinds of lionfish to keep, I keep seeing the dwarf lionfish and the volation at my lfs and am wondering what you all think are good tank sizes for each, and would it be possible to keep both together? Or any 2 lions together, also a minimum tank size for the dwarf lionfish thanks
I have kept both at different times. Personally I liked the dwarf better. Easer to feed took up less space and was just as interesting. I have never kept more than one at a time.
 
Dwarf lionfish are usually easier if you're a beginner. They require less space and have a cuter appearance. There's also a couple of different kinds you can go for such as the Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish, the Zebra dwarf Lionfish, and the Fu Manchu lionfish.
 
I had a Zebra Lionfish in my previous tank and loved him. Will definitely try another in my new tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new