OP
AdamBWS

AdamBWS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez, your tank is the definition of what I had in mind when I set up the Nuvo 20 as my second tank. Love what you’ve done! What light settings did you end up sticking to? Did you ever do PAR readings?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Best Kessil settings were at max color 40, daylight power 100, for about 7 hours a day. Never did par readings, maybe should have.

I'm kind of on the tail end of a tank crash though. Since March the tank has gone way downhill and it seems like a new coral has browned out, started necrosis or been completely lost every week.

I had started dosing a bit of iodine and potassium as per my first ICP, and then took another ICP from a different company about 3 weeks later. That test took 6 weeks to get back. I think my levels were super off by that point, and iodine was really high. Immediately stopped trace element dosing, and continued with pretty big weekly water changes. Other than that, I haven't had massive alkalinity swings or anything. This is my second year with the tank, and March of 2020 I had a die off event. I'm wondering if the sun light that the tank gets in the morning through the spring and summer months has a detrimental effect. No signs of AEFW. I've kind of been battling with Cyano over the same time frame.

Regardless, this is such a cruel hobby! Failure is fine, as long as you can learn something from it and grow. I feel like right now I just come home and have a new sick feeling whenever I check out my tank. So frustrating to put all this time and effort in. I think I'm going to lose everything, which really sucks. I'll have to decide what to do with the tank from here on.

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AdamBWS What are you running that light at percentage and color wise and how many hours. Are you using the spectral x controller if so what's your schedule I'm having a terrible time with my lighting w basically the same light and tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back