Live rock

Reef ninja123124

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2014
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I add all dry rock to a tank do I need to add like one piece of live rock to make the rest turn live.
 
It'll take awhile to get a build up of beneficial bacteria in the rock pores but it'll eventually all turn live. Buying a "live rock" and adding it will have no real effect on turning the other rock "live" in my opinion. The live rock added will help aid in cycling a little bit, but that is where I've just used Dr. Tims live bacteria to kickstart the nitrogen cycle. I've always used dry rock just because I am paranoid about all of the possible hitch hikers involved in live rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new