Live rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnyboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

johnyboy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
437
Reaction score
50
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is 50 pounds a good amount to start with in a 75 gallon tank. I want to start my water asap but I don't have enough money to buy 75 pounds ??
 
Yes it is a start. You can add more as you go. Just be careful about adding live rock after you have cycled and added livestock. New additions could start a new cycle if the rock is not completely cured causing toxic conditions for your livestock.
 
This is true. I might just wait to buy all of my rock then. That sucks
 
Also the type of rock matters as well some base rock would not be 1 lb per 1 gal.
 
Oh ok that's good then .. The fish store has base rock and I'm just going to stack them. I don't want any plate rocks anyway. So how many pounds of base rock will be good. It's 5$ a pound ?
 
Base rock is not as efficient since it is not as porous as other live rocks meaning you need more than you would per gallon than the better rock which is why it is so cheap.
 
Any good websites that have the live rock you are talking about ? Not too expensive
 
Why does it say dry live rock? What's the difference between dry live rock and live rock
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new