Living vicariously through your reeftank

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2014
Messages
2,628
Reaction score
581
Location
Middletown, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers. First let me say that this site has greatly improved my understanding of the hobby and knowledge of successful reef keeping. . For me the start up has been extremely slow. In February this year I received my 29 gallon biocube and started it right up. Based on the advice on this site I have taken my tank build very slowly. Maybe a lot slower than necessary, but I want to make sure I have a stable tank to ensure future successes plus money is very tight. While my objective is to have a tank with lps, sps, clams, and a few select fish, I currently only have the LR, LS, and a lonely OC clownfish with my cuc. I did just buy a green clown goby a few days ago but he is in QT for the next 30 days. Now to the point. While my tank may be barren and not really worthy of posting a bunch of pics I will say the posts and pics of fellow members tanks are an inspiration for me. Many of you have some absolutely gorgeous tanks that gives me hope that some day I too will have a tank as beautiful. Thanks for sharing your creations, petepolyp, Joshporksandwch, Ryan some numbers I don't remember, and many others that have shared such beautiful tanks. Believe me there are many other tanks just as nice and my not mentioning you by name is by no means meant as an insult or to discredit your hard work. I am just really bad with names. Thanks again for sharing and know that by sharing you are inspiring others in this hobby and provide hope.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new