Long time follower!

randomnerd865

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R! I've been lurking on the forum for years seeking advice and looking at all your wonderful tanks.

My reefing journey started about 6-7 years ago when I got my first apartment by myelf. I had a 5 gallon fluval freshwater tank that I bought and just wasn't pleased. I did A LOT of research and converted it into a marine tank with a modified aqua clear filter/refugium. Let it cycle and added a tiny clown. My clown grew and so did my frustration with having a small tank. It was time to upgrade. So I hopped on Craigslist and found a used oceanic biocube 14 and stand for cheap (pic #1) I transplanted everything from my 5 gallon and it flourished for 2 years. It taught me a lot and I kept upgrading it. Intank media basket, custom LED's into the stock hood, refugium in the back. Then the time came for me to move. I broke the tank down, sold my livestock, and put everything in dry storage. I just had too much going on. Fast forward a couple of years my new house was built and I was ready to have a tank again. I pulled the biocube out of storage and set everything back up exactly the same. However, long story short the tank just never did as well as it once did so I ran it FOLR for another 2 years. My clowns were happy having the tank to themselves, but I was not. This black friday I picked up a new Innovative marine nuvo 40 on sale from my LFS and got to work transplanting. (Pic 2). This was the perfect time to join R2R and share my journey.

bUg75Y1.jpeg 20221129_191543.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R! I've been lurking on the forum for years seeking advice and looking at all your wonderful tanks.

My reefing journey started about 6-7 years ago when I got my first apartment by myelf. I had a 5 gallon fluval freshwater tank that I bought and just wasn't pleased. I did A LOT of research and converted it into a marine tank with a modified aqua clear filter/refugium. Let it cycle and added a tiny clown. My clown grew and so did my frustration with having a small tank. It was time to upgrade. So I hopped on Craigslist and found a used oceanic biocube 14 and stand for cheap (pic #1) I transplanted everything from my 5 gallon and it flourished for 2 years. It taught me a lot and I kept upgrading it. Intank media basket, custom LED's into the stock hood, refugium in the back. Then the time came for me to move. I broke the tank down, sold my livestock, and put everything in dry storage. I just had too much going on. Fast forward a couple of years my new house was built and I was ready to have a tank again. I pulled the biocube out of storage and set everything back up exactly the same. However, long story short the tank just never did as well as it once did so I ran it FOLR for another 2 years. My clowns were happy having the tank to themselves, but I was not. This black friday I picked up a new Innovative marine nuvo 40 on sale from my LFS and got to work transplanting. (Pic 2). This was the perfect time to join R2R and share my journey.

Welcome! Glad you joined. WOW! What a journey! Sounds like you have some BBA - Bounce Back Ability - great for this hobby and wonderful life skill.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Tennessee:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to the r2r community!!!

Happy Dance GIF by Charlie Mars

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back