Looking for Tank Ideas

benjabba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody. I am looking for suggestions to help me setup a new clownfish and anemone tank. Here is a little background on my situation. I currently have a 34 gallon Solana that I have a pair of Picasso's and a bunch of BTA's in. I also have a frag system that I have a mated pair of black ocellaris in. I am also always on the lookout for a pair of snowflakes or snowcassos and will purchase a pair when I find the right ones.

So here is what I am looking for. Currently my frag system is in my fish room in the garage and my Solana is in my office. I want to find a way to setup a display tank that can house my current two, three in the future, pairs of clowns, my current anemone's, and a carpet in the future. I do not have the time or space to put together a huge 400 gallon tank so I am looking at either having a custom tank built or getting a standard tank and separating it somehow. What I really want is for the tank to be attractive as well as functional. I am trying to avoid using a separator made of glass or acrylic if possible.

So that is it. I look forward to your suggestions as this has been on my mind for months.

Thanks

Ben

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres now way to make a tank that will house 3 pairs of clownfish.To house that many pairs of fish you would need a very large tank.

What are you really wanting to do?I dont really understand.

OP
OP
benjabba

benjabba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to find a way setup or divide a tank, or series of tanks, that both looks nice and is functional. I understand all of the clowns won't fit in one tank without some kind of separation. An example of something that would work is getting a 90 gallon tank and seperating it into three sections. I am looking for an idea that is more creative and looks better.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I agree with troylee,the best thing you can do is divide the tank up with acrylic sheets with slots every half inch.Thats the best way to do what you want to do IMO.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back