Low pH issues?? Make your own CO2 scrubber!!

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sump here, I made the mistake of everything HOB, so no other way that I can think of for a scrubber. The only other thing I though of would be a slow Kalk drip from a shelf above the tank.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sump here, I made the mistake of everything HOB, so no other way that I can think of for a scrubber. The only other thing I though of would be a slow Kalk drip from a shelf above the tank.

You could or you could put the stones in the tank itself.. ??

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would expect salt creep from the bubbles breaking at the water surface, not to mention all the micro bubbles I'd get in the display.

Wouldn't you have micro bubbles getting in the display if you put the stone in the skimmer??

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No in the first chamber of the skimmer is where the venturi jet empties into plus in the over flow box on the exit side there is a bubble trap.

IMG_2600.PNG

Paul Carpenter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a redundant question but I also have the low pH issue. My skimmer is an AquaC Remora with NO air intake valve. Could the air pump/bucket method work by putting the stone in the skimmer where the water jets into the skimmer? My wife and son recently went to visit family for about 3 weeks leaving only me the dog and the cat at home and I noticed I had great pH, 8.1-8.3 daily. So I know my issue is Co2 related.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that skinner. But, try it and see if your PH goes up! It's amazing the your PH rose when your family vacated. Thanks for sharing that.

Bow69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to install my first CO2 scrubber. My buddy has connected his intake hose to the drain line of his skimmer cup. He says it helps keep the media moist and it lasts twice as long and still works great. Have you ever herd of this?

srusso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased the soda lime from BRS. Been running an wood air stone in my display for a while trying to bring my pH up. Should have everything by Friday.

srusso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased the soda lime from BRS. Been running an wood air stone in my display for a while trying to bring my pH up. Should have everything by Friday.
Got my media, figured a calibration was in order also...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back