OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well unsurprisingly the little bubble let go of the rock. It’s currently on the foam guard in the powerhead, probably dead. I can’t get to it this am as I have to get read to head across the street. My rock flowers are also shrinking down a good bit.

if taxes would hurry that would be nice I’d love to save what I have. I’m just so defeated with this setup.

Sorry, dad.

Yesterday I had spent my lunch tearing down a leaking ten gallon and figuring out how to cover the new tank for the albis. I did notice a nice sized male, still everyone else is small. They were not very happy and I have to keep a close eye on the ammonia levels since it’s the stratum, which I’ve read will raise it for a bit.

so happy Valentine’s Day, I’ve a dying nem and a tank to dispose of today lol.

on the brightest of sides, it’s also my Rovers Gotcha day. She’s my favorite. Don’t tell Melody.
FDD9A0EE-1C28-44ED-B523-52D07F310A77.jpeg
3E52D1C4-29D0-4B87-BD5F-44B88E371E81.jpeg

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured since I hijacked @fishguy242 thread I’d post in my own for a minute lol.

I ordered the UV that was suggested, but gotta wait on the pump for now. I’ll try my little mj900 and see if it’ll at least help some. Gonna beat these ostreopsis booties.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sterilizers here!

Buuuut none of my tubing is large enough and it’s almost 40 bucks at HD and Lowe’s. Well gotta wait another payday on that one too.
Have I mentioned how much I hate Dinos? lol.

No instructions on this thing so I’m guessing it doesn’t matter which is in and which is out.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning, no in and out does not matter,
should be able to go to hardware store and just buy what hose you need by the foot ...:)

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, no in and out does not matter,
should be able to go to hardware store and just buy what hose you need by the foot ...:)
Yeah went yesterday. Unfortunately they only sell by ten foot and up here. No more by the foot. Shame that’s how we used to do it.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate dinos so much!! I’m still fighting them after a year. Just when I think I’ve beat them they return. I’ve been thinking about shutting down my 34 gallon for awhile just because of them. No fish left in there and only 3 corals have survived. It’s so frustrating.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I’m not even sure how I missed this build thread back in 2019. I even remember you winning the tank. I also remember us following some of the same threads back then. Maybe I was just so upset that I didn’t win the tank that I boycotted. We’ll never know.

All of that doesn’t matter anyways as I’m following now. I cannot say I will go back to read all nearly 500 posts. I will say, however, that I’m excited to be on board now and following along!

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate dinos so much!! I’m still fighting them after a year. Just when I think I’ve beat them they return. I’ve been thinking about shutting down my 34 gallon for awhile just because of them. No fish left in there and only 3 corals have survived. It’s so frustrating.
Oof! I think everyone hates dinos. After a year and still struggling, with as little as is in the tank currently, I would do a total reboot. That’s just me though.

Do you have a build thread?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I highly doubt anyone posted this in your thread but, because I’m a Sinatra fan, here we go:

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a build thread?

Not on this tank. It’s my reef tank, correction, was my reef tank now it’s just a mess. Most corals have died. I’ve completely given up on it and have been so busy with my new tank build that it is ignored right now. I was told to let it get dirty and the algae will help outcompete the dinos. Now I have dinos on my algae. I’ve shamefully embarrassed to post this but here it is. (Side view) After my new tank is up and running I am going to do a complete reboot of this one.
9BB7BF86-61AD-43D4-999A-05179134E78C.jpeg

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well unsurprisingly the little bubble let go of the rock. It’s currently on the foam guard in the powerhead, probably dead. I can’t get to it this am as I have to get read to head across the street. My rock flowers are also shrinking down a good bit.

if taxes would hurry that would be nice I’d love to save what I have. I’m just so defeated with this setup.

Sorry, dad.

Yesterday I had spent my lunch tearing down a leaking ten gallon and figuring out how to cover the new tank for the albis. I did notice a nice sized male, still everyone else is small. They were not very happy and I have to keep a close eye on the ammonia levels since it’s the stratum, which I’ve read will raise it for a bit.

so happy Valentine’s Day, I’ve a dying nem and a tank to dispose of today lol.

on the brightest of sides, it’s also my Rovers Gotcha day. She’s my favorite. Don’t tell Melody.
FDD9A0EE-1C28-44ED-B523-52D07F310A77.jpeg
3E52D1C4-29D0-4B87-BD5F-44B88E371E81.jpeg
Love your doggie!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not on this tank. It’s my reef tank, correction, was my reef tank now it’s just a mess. Most corals have died. I’ve completely given up on it and have been so busy with my new tank build that it is ignored right now. I was told to let it get dirty and the algae will help outcompete the dinos. Now I have dinos on my algae. I’ve shamefully embarrassed to post this but here it is. (Side view) After my new tank is up and running I am going to do a complete reboot of this one.
9BB7BF86-61AD-43D4-999A-05179134E78C.jpeg
Nothing to be ashamed of that I see. As a matter of fact, I wish more people posted about their struggles and their remedies. If one quickly scans your pic, the brain at the bottom kind of looks like a filefish!

Please post links to your other threads. (I still am unsure why folks don’t have thread links in their signatures but that’s just me.)

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally feel this way too. If the clowns were not in there id drain and fill with fresh fish lol.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was scratching my head about my algae till I realized my TDS on water was 4. I put new DI in and went away for a week and no more additional algae growth like before. Make sure its not your water or your new tank will have the same fate!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was scratching my head about my algae till I realized my TDS on water was 4. I put new DI in and went away for a week and no more additional algae growth like before. Make sure its not your water or your new tank will have the same fate!
I have a TDS meter on my rodi unit. Whenever you start a rodi it will always have measurable tds (tds creep) so I have a valve that I run the first bit of water down the drain until TDS shows 0. Takes maybe 5 minutes, then flip the value again and have 0 tds water.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, how are things coming along ?... :)

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Sorry, this is a hard week for me.
Five years yesterday since dad passed, three years today since brother in law passed.

I was finally able to find some hosing for the seteilizer and it does seem to be helping. I’ve some green hair algae growing but the Dino’s seem to be waning.
87CDE9B2-F553-4A88-8EE4-C23B02A81864.jpeg
7128FEDD-C8D4-4ED0-AA51-2E0D2FD68954.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back