Lurker now new member!

demonicmurry

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
22
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the reef tank community. I've basically kept frogs as a kid and goldfish. But I've had a Red Eared Slider since I was 10 and she's made the trip across country as my parents can no longer take care of her. She's probably 25 now and is in a large freshwater tank I keep where I built an above tank basking area for her.

But I got my hands on a Fluval Flex 9gal and I decided to convert it into a saltwater nano reef. Coral have always been a fascination for me every time I go into the LFS so I decided to dip my toe into the water. Here's my tank! I set it up back in January of this year so it's still pretty new. I'm sure I've overstocked it since I started putting in coral in late February, but I'm pretty happy with the amount I've got in here. I may get a Tailspot Blenny in the future, but that's where I'm stopping I keep telling myself. :)

Note: Currently trying to control my diatoms on the sand.

Ocellaris Clownfish
Purple Firefish Goby
Tuxedo Urchin
Cleaner Shrimp
Trochus Snail
Astrea Snail
Spiny Star Snail
Nassarius Snail

Frags:
Duncan
Montipora
Pavona
Zoanthids
Candy Cane
Euphyllia Hammer
Toadstool
Scolymia
Bowerbanki
Blastomussa
Goniopora
Ricordea
Xenia
Purple Star Polyps
IMG_0420.png
 
Last edited:
Welcome back to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the reef tank community. I've basically kept frogs as a kid and goldfish. But I've had a Red Eared Slider since I was 10 and she's made the trip across country as my parents can no longer take care of her. She's probably 25 now and is in a large freshwater tank I keep where I built an above tank basking area for her.

But I got my hands on a Fluval Flex 9gal and I decided to convert it into a saltwater nano reef. Coral have always been a fascination for me every time I go into the LFS so I decided to dip my toe into the water. Here's my tank! I set it up back in January of this year so it's still pretty new. I'm sure I've overstocked it since I started putting in coral in late February, but I'm pretty happy with the amount I've got in here. I may get a Tailspot Blenny in the future, but that's where I'm stopping I keep telling myself. :)

Note: Currently trying to control my diatoms on the sand.

Ocellaris Clownfish
Purple Firefish Goby
Tuxedo Urchin
Cleaner Shrimp
Trochus Snail
Astrea Snail
Spiny Star Snail
Nassarius Snail

Frags:
Duncan
Montipora
Pavona
Zoanthids
Candy Cane
Euphyllia Hammer
Toadstool
Scolymia
Bowerbanki
Blastomussa
Goniopora
Ricordea
Xenia
Purple Star Polyps
IMG_0420.png
Welcome to R2R.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new