Lymphocystis

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he has ich now, then the whole tank has it. Moving him now won't do anything because no matter what you'll have to move everybody. Wait and watch the spots. Be sure you are looking at the same spots to observe if they fall off or get bigger. It's a wait and see moment. I agree that it looks like lympho if that helps.

That answers that aspect. I will keep a close eye and we will see what happens

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pucker up baby!

IMG_1926.JPG

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a copper banded butterfly home from work that was severely covered in lymph. To my surprise he hung out sideways under a rock ledge for 2 days while my peppermint shrimp cleaned him all off of it. Two days later he was fine.

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way to know if it is Lympho or Ich is to wait a week or so and if it drops off before then - it's likely ich... if it gets larger then it is likely lympho.

After a week and a few days the large spot is gone from the tail. Although I still clearly see white where the spot was. It is just not a big ball anymore. The spot on the tail also got a little bigger over time.
I have noticed a spot on the side has gotten bigger and a spot on one pectoral fin has gotten bigger over the week. From a size where I questioned if I was actually seeing anything to a size I will clearly call a dot.

Any thoughts about a spot that gets bigger and then goes away, but still shows a white residue.
c199a0666bb71162cb7a6eac103cd6b1.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a week and a few days the large spot is gone from the tail. Although I still clearly see white where the spot was. It is just not a big ball anymore. The spot on the tail also got a little bigger over time.
I have noticed a spot on the side has gotten bigger and a spot on one pectoral fin has gotten bigger over the week. From a size where I questioned if I was actually seeing anything to a size I will clearly call a dot.

Any thoughts about a spot that gets bigger and then goes away, but still shows a white residue.
c199a0666bb71162cb7a6eac103cd6b1.jpg

This sounds like lympho to me. I wouldn't be too worried about it unless it starts effecting his ability to eat or breath. Of course, you'll want to address the cause.... stress, poor nutrition, water quality ect ect.

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like lympho to me. I wouldn't be too worried about it unless it starts effecting his ability to eat or breath. Of course, you'll want to address the cause.... stress, poor nutrition, water quality ect ect.

Probably was the move from California to Alabama then to my tank in a span of a couple days. Good news is he is one of my most voracious eaters

SoCalMicSkills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could this be my problem?

I have a juvenile Koran Angel in QT, he's been in there for about 2 months, and has been unable to kick whatever the heck is wrong with him. I originally had him in QT with 2 butterflies. He has been alone for the last 7 weeks. I didn't notice much wrong for the 1st week, then it started showing.

Fish swims around normally, eats well (flakes only) doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but I'm afraid to bring it out of QT until this clears up.

Fish is being kept in 12 gallon tank with HOB skimmer. Skimmer is not running, just using it for filtration, have some chaeto and filter pad in it. No other tank-mates after week 1.

Fin deterioration and bumps on the fins mostly darker colored and look to me like a fungus.

I have treated with:

*Cupramine 1st week only.

*Prazipro for almost the whole time in QT. Then I did a large series of water changes to get the water super clean again.

*Maracyn Two, twice, (the second time (admittedly I over dosed a bit, 1 extra dose).

I have also freshwater dipped twice for about 7 minutes each.

This fish has not gotten any better, only progressively worse (pretty slowly over the whole period).

Not sure if my water tests are all accurate due to chemicals that I am dosing with. But levels are:

Specific Gravity 1.023

Nitrate: 5 ppm

Nitrite: no trace

Alkalinity: 230

PH 8.3

Copper gone, cleaned out with carbon after 1st week.

Have not tested phosphate, but very minimal algae growth in tank which catches ambient sunlight from several windows.

I'd be happy to hear any suggestions on what to try next.

DSCN4093.JPG

DSCN4095.JPG

DSCN4094.JPG

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Cupramine 1st week only.
Have you had this fish in QT for 7 weeks total? Why did you stop copper after only one week?
*Prazipro for almost the whole time in QT.
what does this mean? Prazi should only be dosed twice 5-7 days apart with a water change in between and then done. It's only active in the water for 48 hours or so and does it's job within the first 24 hours.

The spots don't look like lympho. I would suggest treating for ich with the full 30 days of copper or with TTM and treating with an antibiotic like kanaplex or furan 2 at the same time. His fins look a bit infected. The antibiotics need to be dosed every other day for a minimum of 10 days with a water change before each dose.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish are in quarantine. They both came from the same online supplier. I'm guessing Lympho but if you can tell from the pics I'd like a confirmation.
DSC_0611[1].JPG
DSC_0608[1].JPG

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HF, thanks for your reply. I didn't realize the fin rot was that bad until I saw the picture. Is there any one antibiotic you would recommend? They're in a 20L quarantine tank.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Metro on hand or would that be overkill at this point?

Kanaplex + Furan-2 + Metro would be a good option for this situation. All 3 combined; treat for a minimum of 10 days.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much. I had been dosing Coppersafe prophylactically. Should I do a water change to remove the copper first or am I ok as is?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much. I had been dosing Coppersafe prophylactically. Should I do a water change to remove the copper first or am I ok as is?

You can safely combine those antibiotics with copper, though you should make sure to add extra O2 to the QT via airstone or small powerhead. Watch for bacterial blooms that will suck more O2 out of the water as well.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can safely combine those antibiotics with copper, though you should make sure to add extra O2 to the QT via airstone or small powerhead. Watch for bacterial blooms that will suck more O2 out of the water as well.
Thank you. I have multiple airstones along with a sponge filter.

Willy315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I thought this was ich but after reading some info on Lympho I think it may be that. On Wednesday it will have been in Copper for 1 week. It is eating live blackworms. Would you suggest feeding the blackworms some selcon, then feed those to the CBB? Thanks
fd4fc5a9891165534cedb898c72088f8.jpg

Back