OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only input is support. The tank looks beautiful in the last recent FTS.

It takes a lot of effort to move acorpora and treat repeatedly. What about adding a Pipe fish or two?

I have not, do they eat flatworms? They are also quite hard to get by in Sweden :/

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hokay. AEFW vs me, lets do this!

Tomorrow ill start gathering everything needed for a quarantine suited for acropora. The tank will get plumbed into my main system with taps and a seperate return pump so that is easily can **** it of the main system or turn it on. The thought behind this is that i wanto be able to use it as a frag tank in the future once this is over. Also i doubt that AEFW for example would make it from the frag tank into the DT when it has to pass everything in the sump. I mean, they certainly should not be able to pass through a filtersock?

Anyhow until im AEFW free the fragtank wont share the sump.

The tank will be a 60x30x30 54L (23x11x11 14 gallons). I will light it with a AI hydra 26 HD and provide flow with a tunze 6015. Ill drill the tank and provide it with an overflow aswell.

All my acros will get removed from the DT and placed into quarantine and get dipped weekly. The dip ill be using is seachem reef dip and fauna marine pest control bi-weekly.

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170930_112724.jpg

And we're off! The tank will be built and hopefully it will be in operation the upcoming week. Im just waiting for PVC, some aluminum profil to make a mount for the arm and a new streamer :)

I also added a powderblue tang yesterday. Im really happy about this addition which can be spotted in the main tank :)

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the corals? How is the AEFW battle going? Drop me a PM if you need...I've battled AEFW so many times I can easily beat them now...but it still takes hard work.

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the corals? How is the AEFW battle going? Drop me a PM if you need...I've battled AEFW so many times I can easily beat them now...but it still takes hard work.

I havent seen a single bite nor worm while blowing over the corals with a baster. But im confident they are there. I havent started my dipping and QT:ing yet but will within a week or so. The delays are many. My mother passed a few weeks back along with me and my fiance buying a house (which means im getting a 625 or 750 xxl :D ). Please inbox me your metod and tips for the upcoming battle :)

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry about the passing of your mother. That's a tough one for sure.

I'll post here tomorrow about aefw for the benefit of others as well.

Is the 625 etc the peninsula version? The new peninsula versions look amazing. If you get the peninsula you are in for a treat. Only thing I dislike about these tanks is the valve used to control water level etc it's pretty crap.

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry about the passing of your mother. That's a tough one for sure.

I'll post here tomorrow about aefw for the benefit of others as well.

Is the 625 etc the peninsula version? The new peninsula versions look amazing. If you get the peninsula you are in for a treat. Only thing I dislike about these tanks is the valve used to control water level etc it's pretty crap.

Its not the peninsula, they come in 500 and 650, im getting the upscaled XL version :) But in my opinion it seems just as nice :D

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to make a last ditch effort to get everything on track before moving in february. Today i have something that looks abit like dino but under the microscope its inactive and way smaller than dino cells. This along with green cyano and no proper algae what so ever is the state of the tank. I think i did rid the AEFW with a QT tank and most acros are doing pretty well so thats nice. But the tank looks like crap anyway.

Fresh messurements:

No3: 5 (salifert)
Po4: 0.02 (Hanna ULR)
Ca: 450 (salifert)
KH: 8.15
Mg: 1425 (salifert)
Salinitet: 1.025 (calibrated red sea refractometer)

The nutrients are probably false since im having troubles. What i can say is that there's alot of bacterial activity hence in the form of dino(?) and cyano. The sand bed is once again removed and wont be introduced again in this tank. So there's no nutrients or detritus at all coming from the bottom.

Only dosing atm is frozen foods for the fish and my calcium reactor taking care of the the alk ca and whatnot.

Leaving it alone dont seem to impact anything. Any ideas?

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, lets get this thread started! :)

Tank assembled and light mounting has been attatched!

DxgI2ol.jpg

Some manifold action, will do another one since i noticed now that all the tech is in place that this is far from optimal. But thats a project for the future.

A7tQ7bE.jpg

Light mounted and scape has been made and placed. Aquaforest stonefix is some really good reef cement i must admit!

o3ePGzR.jpg

Corals... WE NEED CORALS STAT! Counted 26 different species of sps and only 4 non-acropora :) In the picture are only 1/3 of the bags with livestock.

9IEGOmn.jpg

Dirty glas after mounting corals and making a total mess everywhere. Coral coloration crap and they are pretty upset from the car ride.

K8rPKMP.jpg

Some changes from the original plan has been made. Some fish have been sold to local aquarists to make room for new onces. I found that i want more "functionality" from my fish rather than e.g. the four anthiases i had. The plan is to get a mandarin (because they are bloody awsome) and a copperband butterflyfish.

That will make my fishlist:

Paracanthurus hepatus
Zebrasoma flavescens
Pseudocheilinus hexataenia
Amphiprion percula x2
Salarias fasciatus
Oxycirrhites typus
Chelmon rostratus
Synchiropus splendidus

Im quite happy with that list. The only thing i need to add is some type of sandshifter, either Invertebrates or fish. Im planing on picking up a Harlequin Shrimp aswell so shifting seastar isnt really an option :)
Over and out!
I really like your stocking selections I was always told the 425reefer was too small for tangs any issues?

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had any problems with that fish list on the 425, tank is taken down due to a move tho so i noe have a 625 :) I kept both tanks in that tank abit over a year before taking it down for a move.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back