Macro algae in display tank

I had a huge caulerpa prolifera "field" in my 75g display fuge years ago. I wanted a clear area to feed the angler that lived in its grassy depths so i just pulled it from that area on a regular basis. Probably every few days. It does grow fast. I have heard it can go sexual but In the 6-7 years I had that set up it never happened. I have had a very hard time finding any now that I'm back in. I had to settle for the mexicana "feather" caulerpa this time around and its growing so well I wouldnt have the heart to pull it if I found the prolifera. Also dragons breath is really nice too. Codium is cool I didnt know years ago the codium is supposedly a cooler water species. Might be why mine lived but never really grew well. I love the idea of things like mermaids fans and shaving brush plants I just never had great luck with them. They usually look very drab and ehhh.
that is what my original plan was with the prolifera, but i just got a second tank and I am going to plumb it to be a display refugium.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new