Malifry's 36 Bowfront Tear Down And Rebuild...

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my build thread for my 36 bowfront. The tank was about two months old. I got lots of cyano, dinos, and diatoms. I also had a velvet outbreak and lost all but two fish. I am not happy with the aquascape and felt as though I need to re do it as I was rushed the first time through. I didn't want to wait while being fallow also. So here it goes.

Light: Marineland Reef capable led light. (does good job growing my organ pipe coral. But am going to upgrade eventually.)
Filter: Penguin biowheel 100&150 HOB
Stocking: after fish loss I have a B&W Clownfish and a PJ cardinal left.
Inverts: skunk shrimp and 4 hermit crabs.
Coral: two large Organ pipe corals (green)

Pics will be posted as I move along.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! I love build threads! Following!

(And we can move the thread to member tanks if that's what the OP wants.)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to following along on this one. Let us know if you'd like this moved to the members tank section and one of us will be glad to help.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes please do! I was looking for it but could not find it!

Moved to member's tank section. If you go to your profile, then account details, towards the bottom you'll find a place to put a link to this thread. You will then get a build thread banner on your account that is an actual link to this thread.

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to member's tank section. If you go to your profile, then account details, towards the bottom you'll find a place to put a link to this thread. You will then get a build thread banner on your account that is an actual link to this thread.
Ok thank you! I did it!

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank halfway drained and corals and fish in holding tanks! Also how to I sterilize the dry rock?

image.jpg image.jpg

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to you can to bleach or vinegar baths. BRS has good videos on how to cure live rock. To take it to lvl 1 and back to mature will take months.

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you want to you can to bleach or vinegar baths. BRS has good videos on how to cure live rock. To take it to lvl 1 and back to mature will take months.
It’s not live rock, it’s my rock that was dry in my tank but then my tank was infected with velvet so I need to kill anything that’s in my rock would vinegar work?

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are you going to do differently this time around? the best way to not lose fish to disease is to have good live rock, feed good healthy food, and add fish slowly

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are you going to do differently this time around? the best way to not lose fish to disease is to have good live rock, feed good healthy food, and add fish slowly
all fish will be QT first of all lol, Also taking it slow, adding only a fish a month until i'm stocked. my fish are already fed pretty good food. But yes, im doing it differently

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back