Malware on a vendor website

  • Thread starter Thread starter aqua_code
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
pm me the name then. I'd also love to know the reasoning that trumps informing everyone so their identity/personal information is not stolen...
I can pm you the name, I just personally do not want to release this information. It is based on speculation and the latest virus detection that I provided in the virus scan link. Additionally I provided the link to malware bytes which blocks the issue on this page. I am mainly identifying that the community needs to be aware of malware when browsing these sites. I will send you a PM with my findings. It's not my intention to associate malware with this vendor on a permanent searchable thread.

1583096627854.png
 
Aqua code pm'd me and gave a very good reason why they won't post it. If someone else wants to post it, like revhtree, then that is their choice but I agree with aqua code's reasoning.
That's makes two of us. Rev is on it and will take care of it. The decision about tap talk proves this.
 
They may not even know it's on those site. Not all have a dedicated it because they are very small.
 
Jeeperz and sfin52 sent you a PM. I would rather not post publicly. If anyone else wants to PM me until this thread is closed I can send them the site as well. I'm happy to post once it is resolved. As of this moment it is currently not.
Id like to know what site
 
Someone please post the site publically. If malware is present and the vendor hasn't responded, please share it with everyone to prevent future victims.

If the mods want to take over this thread and post the site I am happy to step away from it. If you would like to know privately please PM me and I will respond pretty quickly.
 
but if you’re not going to disclose who this is, it’s all irrelevant.
I will not, if you would like to start your own thread with the information please do so. I just based this on speculation. I sent you a message of the site and where the code is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new