Manual PH probe calibration on apex 2016 not actually changing PH values

Powertool-2010

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried performing a manual calibration on my PH probe for my apex. The values would settle to around 730 and 1030 during calibration, but upon completing calibration the 10.0 solution would resolutely read 10.3 Its like it isn't actually setting the reference calibration values in the software, even though it is taking me through the process properly without giving me any errors. I attempted this twice to no avail as can be seen below
1606472771386.png

ac4570

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue, but with my temp calibration.. Tried a few times but the temp wasn’t changing. I ended up rebooting my apex and the calibration worked after that. Not sure if it’ll work but maybe worth a shot.

OP
OP
P

Powertool-2010

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have now also tried the automatic calibration option... just in case the manual one was broken, but not the automatic... but ended up with the same results.
I didn't try turning off the temperature compensation, but I mean really? I shouldn't have to do that much dicking around in order to make the controller properly calibrate.

OP
OP
P

Powertool-2010

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue, but with my temp calibration.. Tried a few times but the temp wasn’t changing. I ended up rebooting my apex and the calibration worked after that. Not sure if it’ll work but maybe worth a shot.
Great idea. Of course I forgot the first rule of I.T. "Have you tried restarting it?"

OP
OP
P

Powertool-2010

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any success?
Yes. It worked.
Restarted it. Tried the calibration again and bam 10.0 on the dot... That being said I have to go back and do it again, because I had just been reusing the original solutions from the first calibration on my subsequent attempts, and by the end there had either been enough evaporation or contamination that the numbers I was getting for the final settled values were deviated from the starting settled values for each solution. Thanks again for the useful suggestion.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back