Marginalis Butterfly

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can anyone who's owned these tell me about them VS a copperband?

Mostly interested in how they handle stress and any aggression over a copperband. Our copperbands went downhill at the first sign of any bullying, and stopped eating immediately.

If the marginalis can stand up for themselves better, I'd love to try one.

Our yellow longnose butterfly isn't affected by anything, so I'm hoping these may be more toward that. Our 2 fish that ever just showed they were the bosses of the tank were our foxface and orange shoulder tang.

Thanks!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can anyone who's owned these tell me about them VS a copperband?

Mostly interested in how they handle stress and any aggression over a copperband. Our copperbands went downhill at the first sign of any bullying, and stopped eating immediately.

If the marginalis can stand up for themselves better, I'd love to try one.

Our yellow longnose butterfly isn't affected by anything, so I'm hoping these may be more toward that. Our 2 fish that ever just showed they were the bosses of the tank were our foxface and orange shoulder tang.

Thanks!
Marginalis butterflies are the hardy CBB. They handle most things incredibly well, I accidentally killed mine through the cold.
The only downside is they come in larger than most CBBs do, and to find juveniles is rather rare.

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered one from an on line vendor about five months ago. Most vendors sell them for $400 to $600. This one was going for $200 so I took a chance. It came in horribly skinny and cold from poor packing. Needless to say, it lasted two days then died. They usually come in quite large. I am not a fan of buying large butterflies. I have found that they have a hard time adjusting to aquarium conditions. My copperband is four years old. I have eight other butterflies.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered one from an on line vendor about five months ago. Most vendors sell them for $400 to $600. This one was going for $200 so I took a chance. It came in horribly skinny and cold from poor packing. Needless to say, it lasted two days then died. They usually come in quite large. I am not a fan of buying large butterflies. I have found that they have a hard time adjusting to aquarium conditions. My copperband is four years old. I have eight other butterflies.
You mind sharing which vendor? You can pm me if you'd rather not say publicly. I had 3 good copperbands until something looked at them wrong, then they'd completely stop eating and die

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 62 28.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 48 22.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 25 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 75 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back