OP
OP
MariahP

MariahP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's on the decline now, with the tests I suspect it'll be done in a day or two, luckily my clowns chugged through it. Also how is the intank basket working for you, thinking of adding that to mine later
Well I have the media basket right now and that’s working great! I’ve got filter floss on top, chemipure elite in the middle part, and then a bunch of MarinePure cubes. I have the fuge basket, but I don’t have anything in it yet. Happy to keep you posted though!

OP
OP
MariahP

MariahP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty! We have cheato in the InTank fuge basket! One question I have though - I’ve attached a light to the back for the chaeto, but it’s also lighting up the third chamber. Is that going to cause a huge algae problem back there? How do I prevent that?
FED9B7EF-11C4-4CDE-AA6B-56FFA9F1264D.jpeg

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have fish! The cycle happened relatively quickly since I used turbo start and PNS substrate sauce, plus the live rock and live sand. Everything’s holding out very stable now, even with the addition of my two new fish.

One clown is a tangerine clown with a bit of a minbar that my gf picked out and the other is a gladiator clown. I honestly didn’t intend on getting anything other than normal clowns, but went to the LFS and fell in love with these two.

I also snagged a peppermint shrimp who immediately took care of my single aptasia polyp and a couple different kinds of snails because…wait for it…we are entering the ugly phaaaaaaase. I’ve been keeping my lights off for the most part, but the diatoms have appeared. The snails I snagged today are already going to work on it though, so hooray!

One question though - I’m having a LOT of condensation on the lid, which in and of itself is fine…but when I go to open the lid to do anything in the back chambers it all spills backwards and out a couple of holes by the hinges in the back. Anyone in the biocube world have any suggestions for that?
Little late but I use some filter foam, catches most of the water but still get a couple of drops. Was like a waterfall originally.

OP
OP
MariahP

MariahP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team! Biocube still going strong. Moving out of the ugly phase which I’m loving. Continuing to do a 6 gallon water change every two weeks. Parameters looking good.
Got my first two corals - a finger leather and a ricordea. Looking forward to watching them grow!

Attachments

• IMG_6026.jpeg
    IMG_6026.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6025.jpeg
    IMG_6025.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 27

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team! Biocube still going strong. Moving out of the ugly phase which I’m loving. Continuing to do a 6 gallon water change every two weeks. Parameters looking good.
Got my first two corals - a finger leather and a ricordea. Looking forward to watching them grow!
Lookin good

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back