Marsaqua lenses 165w

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bpainter3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bpainter3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2019
Messages
71
Reaction score
56
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all, so I have a 150 gallon 72x18x28. I ordered 3 of the Marsaqua 165w fixtures. I really don’t want red or green dots in the tank or disco effect if you will. After talking to a friend of mine he suggested taking the lenses off or coloring the reds and greens in with a sharpie. I think I would rather take the lenses off which would also give me more spread over a 72 inch tank. The only think I’m worried about is loosing par in a 28 inch deep tank. I am going to mount them in the canopy probably about 8 to 10 inches from the surface. Does anybody have experience with this? Would I loose enough par to be worried about sps on the bottom of the tank? Thanks in advance. Happy reefing!
 
I don't have an issue with my 30" deep tank and black box LED fixtures without lenses. My acans, favia, elegance, even a birdsnest that broke apart when I moved it is fine on the sandbed.
 
I don't have an issue with my 30" deep tank and black box LED fixtures without lenses. My acans, favia, elegance, even a birdsnest that broke apart when I moved it is fine on the sandbed.
What intensity are you running on each channel?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new