Meet the R2R Moderator Team!!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet Forum' started by revhtree, Sep 19, 2014.

1. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award 3RMAS Member Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor

First Name:
    George

Why You chose your screen name:
    I chose this name because I am half Korean and half czech, hence I am a "hybrid" Asian lol.

Current Tank Specs:
    6'x2'x2' 180 gallon SPS reef. It's been thru some rough times lately but is on the up and up

Build thread if you would like to follow:

http://reef2reef.com/threads/hybridazns-180-gallon-build.189795/

Area of strength in the hobby:
    I consider myself a jack of all trades, I especially enjoy SPS corals but also keep acans, zoas and chalices. Basically anything that my wife and I find appeasing. I try to do as much diy as I can, but if it doesn't make sense financially or worth my time I have no problem pulling the trigger on something already made haha.

Favorite hobby outside reefing:
    Building race cars, I've been wrenching since I got my first dirt bike when I was 12. My first decent car build was when I was 17 and I acquired a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse turbo. It took about 4 years to build it to what I liked and back in 2004 it made over 500 wheel hp, which back then was a lot for a street driven 4 cylinder.

Screenshot_2016-01-14-04-15-48-1.png
    Here's another pic of it with my buddy's 240sx that at the time had a sr20det swap (around 2003-2004 before they became a common swap)
    Screenshot_2016-01-14-04-16-05-1.png

Car has been since sold :( and I regret it. I now have this:

Screenshot_2016-03-30-19-23-54-1.png
    2005 Suzuki gsxr 600 with a few mods. It's not the fastest but it gets me around until I can get my next car project going.

So some details about me, I'm 33 years old and I have been married for 9 years (10 years in july) to my beautiful wife who puts up with me and my crazy hobbies lol. We have 1 daughter who is 3 years old and the love of our lives. She def keeps us on our toes

FB_IMG_1459380457944.jpg
    My daughter Jasmine and I riding a train at Christmas time lol

FB_IMG_1459380574845.jpg
    My wife, daughter and myself being goofy lol

Well I think that is the basics. Anything else feel free to ask, I'm pretty easy going.

2. 143MPCo

143MPCo ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Moderator Emeritus Article Contributor Reef Squad Emeritus

dynojet power commander?

jsker and TUSI like this.
  3. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award 3RMAS Member Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor

Yup, along with a full Yoshimura header-back exhaust, k&n filter with velocity stacks. Next up I think is a 60 shot nitrous (dry)

jsker, Sabellafella and 143MPCo like this.
  4. 143MPCo

143MPCo ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Moderator Emeritus Article Contributor Reef Squad Emeritus

nice!
    Now you got me missing my R1, danger! :rolleyes:

jsker and hybridazn like this.
  5. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Hospitality Award Expert Contributor

Wow this is a great thread! Thanks mods for all that you do, and great to meet you all!

jsker, kireek, vlangel and 4 others like this.
  6. 120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper Reef keeping with Military Precision! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Great to see all the folks behind the scenes ! You all do a great job ! I salute all of you!

jsker, kireek, vlangel and 3 others like this.
  7. cameronh

cameronh Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad

Don't forget your sandwhiches! You guys look so cute in you different colored hats! Haha, dude I forgot all about those videos!

jsker likes this.
  8. cameronh

cameronh Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad

You need to toss a Silvia front end on that s13

9. Electrobes

Electrobes Valuable Member R2R Excellence Award Moderator Emeritus Article Contributor

Lord no, not after my series of unfortunate events!

10. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Cyber Monday Sponsor

Welcome to R2R!

jsker, reef123456 and kschweer like this.
  11. WLDSHARK

WLDSHARK Active Member

@revhtree - Thank you for putting this thread together. Each moderator has given the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of passionate reefers a glimpse of their identity that much of us can relate. May God continue to bless the work of your hands and grant you continued favor in your life. See you guys on Sunday @RAP.
    CJM <><

12. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Hospitality Award

Interesting to see the faces behind the aviator

13. SVP

SVP Active Member

Awesome diesel you were one of the first people to give me advice on this forum! And it was solid great advice! Now R2R it's all I use because of people like you. Take care

14. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Reef Spotlight Award

^^^^^^Hey Bro, all my pleasure.^^^^^^^^
    Glad you like R2R but it ain't only me, we have a great team here and AMAZING members like you is a must for this forum to be not only the best we can be but just a good friendly place to hang and not only for sake of this hobby.
    How's your tank doing?

steve&mari, Tahoe61 and cameronh like this.
  15. SVP

SVP Active Member

I'm right at the point of getting ready to put water into it. But I live in Cocoa Beach Florida. So I guess I am lucky that I took my time. Cause it looks like we are going to get hammered with Mathew the Class 4 hurricane it is going to go right over our town/house. We will see by Sunday if I even have a home left let alone an aquarium. I have been through a lot of hurricanes ( compared to most people) and this is by far the worst one that I have seen hit this area. It is beautiful to live down here(great weather year around, beautiful beaches and lots of fun things to do) but this is the price we pay sometimes. But I do really like the website and am grateful for how people treat you and help you without making you feel like a idiot when you ask a question because you didn't know something. Anyway I gotta get back to boarding up my home.

16. steve&mari

steve&mari Blessed Reefer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad

Prayers are sent for you and everyone in its path. Hopefully you are able to weather this storm without any problems. Keep preparing for it and stay safe.

Thank you to all the mods and the R2R team for all you guys do for our community.

Bunnee911, kireek and SVP like this.
  17. Bluecbs

Bluecbs Active Member

Thank you all for your fantabulous works, keep it up.:D:D:D

18. domination2580

domination2580 Reef-a-nator

Thanks guys, what you guys do for this hobby is exactly what keeps this hobby existing and growing. Without help a lot of people would just give up at the first bacterial bloom.

19. Jason mack

Jason mack Monti madness R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Nice too meet you all ,and put a face too a name .. thank you all for the great work and support you give too this hobby and us all !!!

20. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Partner Member Showcase Editor Expert Contributor

First name:
    TJ

Why I chose my screen name:

I used to be a waiter where the biggest meal was breakfast. Also, it's just good advice.

Current tank:
    Deep Blue 80g rimless tank. 2x 250w Phoenix halides

Wrasse and sps dominant

Areas of strength:
    Fish behavior and compatibility, reef fish nutrition, and general reef knowledge.

Other hobbies and interests:
    I am very religious and involved with activities relating to that.

I have a beautiful wife that I have been happily married to since Labor Day 2005 and 2 young sons(ages 3 and 5 as of 3/11/17) so always on my toes with them.

Useless information, which is even less valuable in this day and age of Google. Related to that, interesting facts about nature.

Watching movies and tv.

upload_2016-8-17_17-18-53.png

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted