Meet the R2R Moderator Team!!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet Forum' started by revhtree, Sep 19, 2014.

1. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member Article Contributor

Hey are you pretty knowledgeable in terms of Macro Algae?

2. vlangel

vlangel Seahorse whisperer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award PMAS Member Article Contributor

I am learning since I have a fair amount of macro algae in my seahorse tank but I would still consider myself a novice. I hope to keep learning about all the different varieties and their needs.

3. Big Larr

Big Larr Well-Known Member

I would like to say thank you to all of you for the opportunity to be part of this community as I am New here but I promise I spend hours reading on here every day morning and night also have learned a lot of great info in a short time what an awesome group of people

4. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Partner Member Article Contributor

Thank you for the kind words!

5. kschweer

kschweer Zoas!!! Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award NJRC Member Partner Member

First Name: Kevin

Why you choose your screen name: Its my first initial and last name. Pretty boring but I have used it for a long time.

Current tank specs: 57g rimless and 30g frag tank.
    https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132739
    Area of strength in the hobby: I really enjoy the planning and building of systems so plumbing, planning, and some DIY.

Favorite hobbies outside of reefing: Fishing when I can find time and also building wood fishing lures.

What you enjoy most about the saltwater hobby: The freshwater side of the hobby was passed to me from my father so that plays a big role in my enjoyment. Also having a piece of nature in my home is great. I love the relaxing feeling I get looking at the tank after a long day of work.

6. 143MPCo

143MPCo ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Reef Squad Leader CTARS Member Partner Member Article Contributor

[​IMG]
    Me and my wife Maria...
    [​IMG]
    The 14th Annual Dream Ride To Benefit The Special Olympics (yes that's really me, lol)

First Name: Alex (friends I ride with call me "macgyver")
    Why you choose your screen name: My old Military Police unit ID

Area of strength in the hobby: DIY, Planning and Implementation… I really think I have OCD… lol
    I also dabble on the electronics side of reef automation e.g. controllers, lighting, metal stand and canopy fabrication (welding), and woodworking, etc.

Favorite hobbies outside of reefing: Dedicated husband and Father, outside of that I'm into motorcycles… rice-rockets, v-twins, bobbers, you name it! About 4yrs ago to date, I was clipped off my Yamaha 2009R1, I broke more than a few bones in my right arm, broke my clavicle, a knuckle in my left hand, fractured a rib, and collapsed my right lung… NOT FUN! 7-months later I was back on the my motorcycle! I look at reefing the same way; you'll have setbacks in this hobby, you'll want to say "That's It, I'm done" but, please never-give up, never quit as we all know, all good things require a little work and time!

What you enjoy most about the saltwater hobby
    : Love the build out process from planning to implementation, working with members of R2R and sharing knowledge (that’s a two way street, I have learned so much from you all this past year).

7. TUSI

TUSI Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Photo of the Month Award Reef Squad

Thank you guys good work as always. you are all very cool

jsker, kireek, spspirate and 2 others like this.
  8. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award PMAS Member Showcase Editor Partner Member

First Name:
    George

Why You chose your screen name:
    I chose this name because I am half Korean and half czech, hence I am a "hybrid" Asian lol.

Current Tank Specs:
    6'x2'x2' 180 gallon SPS reef. It's been thru some rough times lately but is on the up and up

Build thread if you would like to follow:

http://reef2reef.com/threads/hybridazns-180-gallon-build.189795/

Area of strength in the hobby:
    I consider myself a jack of all trades, I especially enjoy SPS corals but also keep acans, zoas and chalices. Basically anything that my wife and I find appeasing. I try to do as much diy as I can, but if it doesn't make sense financially or worth my time I have no problem pulling the trigger on something already made haha.

Favorite hobby outside reefing:
    Building race cars, I've been wrenching since I got my first dirt bike when I was 12. My first decent car build was when I was 17 and I acquired a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse turbo. It took about 4 years to build it to what I liked and back in 2004 it made over 500 wheel hp, which back then was a lot for a street driven 4 cylinder.

Screenshot_2016-01-14-04-15-48-1.png
    Here's another pic of it with my buddy's 240sx that at the time had a sr20det swap (around 2003-2004 before they became a common swap)
    Screenshot_2016-01-14-04-16-05-1.png

Car has been since sold :( and I regret it. I now have this:

Screenshot_2016-03-30-19-23-54-1.png
    2005 Suzuki gsxr 600 with a few mods. It's not the fastest but it gets me around until I can get my next car project going.

So some details about me, I'm 33 years old and I have been married for 9 years (10 years in july) to my beautiful wife who puts up with me and my crazy hobbies lol. We have 1 daughter who is 3 years old and the love of our lives. She def keeps us on our toes

FB_IMG_1459380457944.jpg
    My daughter Jasmine and I riding a train at Christmas time lol

FB_IMG_1459380574845.jpg
    My wife, daughter and myself being goofy lol

Well I think that is the basics. Anything else feel free to ask, I'm pretty easy going.

9. 143MPCo

143MPCo ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Reef Squad Leader CTARS Member Partner Member Article Contributor

dynojet power commander?

jsker and TUSI like this.
  10. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award PMAS Member Showcase Editor Partner Member

Yup, along with a full Yoshimura header-back exhaust, k&n filter with velocity stacks. Next up I think is a 60 shot nitrous (dry)

jsker, Sabellafella and 143MPCo like this.
  11. 143MPCo

nice!
    Now you got me missing my R1, danger! :rolleyes:

jsker and hybridazn like this.
  12. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member Article Contributor

Wow this is a great thread! Thanks mods for all that you do, and great to meet you all!

jsker, kireek, vlangel and 4 others like this.
  13. 120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper Reef keeping with Military Precision! R2R Supporter Reef Squad Partner Member Article Contributor

Great to see all the folks behind the scenes ! You all do a great job ! I salute all of you!

jsker, kireek, vlangel and 3 others like this.
  14. cameronh

cameronh Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad

Don't forget your sandwhiches! You guys look so cute in you different colored hats! Haha, dude I forgot all about those videos!

jsker likes this.
  15. cameronh

cameronh Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad

You need to toss a Silvia front end on that s13

16. reef123456

reef123456 Active Member

lol, just went over this thread and oh man, you guys all look so passionate. Should have post ur tank with ur picture too haha

revhtree likes this.
  17. Electrobes

Electrobes Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Excellence Award Partner Member Article Contributor

Lord no, not after my series of unfortunate events!

18. revhtree

Welcome to R2R!

jsker, reef123456 and kschweer like this.
  19. WLDSHARK

WLDSHARK Well-Known Member

@revhtree - Thank you for putting this thread together. Each moderator has given the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of passionate reefers a glimpse of their identity that much of us can relate. May God continue to bless the work of your hands and grant you continued favor in your life. See you guys on Sunday @RAP.
    CJM <><

20. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member Article Contributor

Interesting to see the faces behind the aviator

evolved, kschweer and 143MPCo like this.