memorial day sales ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When does the sale end??? @randyBRS @Ryanbrs

The site says...
"Some exclusions apply (sale ends 5/13 @ 11:59 pm)"

We really appreciate everyone’s feedback! We apologize about the miscommunication. It looks like there was an email that slipped through with a typo on the end date...5/17 instead of 5/27. With regard to the timing of the sale, it was our hope to avoid any conflicts with our same day shipping commitment from a large influx of orders on Monday, and we wanted to take the opportunity to allow our fulfillment team to enjoy the holiday as well. With that in mind, we did make the decision to hold the sale on Sunday rather than on the actual holiday.

I’ll make sure this gets passed along to better serve our reefing community in the future.

wake122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't really help the rest of us that waited till Monday... Wish we would have known or at least some announcement would have been made. I was out with family all weekend and I had planned on just ordering everything Monday because typically the sales always at least go through the holidays. Very upset how this was handled...

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would chime in quick. First off, anyone who was affected by any confusion please contact CS and ask for Jason in the next day or two. He will make it right if you placed an order on Monday or would like to now. Please understand he can only do the later for a couple day window. I am sorry for the hassle and confusion. We will take this feedback and make it clearer in the future. Double so on reviewing for end date typos :)

Behind the scenes, as a business, we sometimes need to make decisions that balance profitability with respect for the team here that makes everything happen. As you can imagine a sale on the actual holiday is much more effective at producing revenue however it also means the team here can't spend time with their families. I'd like to think a big part of why reefers support us is because our team delivers a solid experience all around. Part of that is respecting everyone here is human and we all value time with our friends and family, particularly on family holidays.

So in that spirit, I think you can expect to see this kind of thing in the future as well. Sales which are actually slightly before the holiday which make sure reefers get the value they deserve backed with respect for the team that delivers on that value. That probably means we will make less money but that's a tradeoff we are happy to make. That said, we will be more clear about the start and end dates. Hopefully, this is viewed for what it is, an opportunity to save a few days sooner rather than lack of a sale on the actual holiday.

Thanks again for the feedback, it keeps us sharp!

Last edited:

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would chime in quick. First off, anyone who was affected by any confusion please contact CS and ask for Jason in the next day or two. He will make it right if you placed an order on Monday or would like to now. Please understand he can only do the later for a couple day window. I am sorry for the hassle and confusion. We will take this feedback and make it clearer in the future. Double so on reviewing for end date typos :)

Behind the scenes, as a business, we sometimes need to make decisions that balance profitability with respect for the team here that makes everything happen. As you can imagine a sale on the actual holiday is much more effective at producing revenue however it also means the team here can't spend time with their families. I'd like to think a big part of why reefers support us is because our team delivers a solid experience all around. Part of that is respecting everyone here is human and we all value time with our friends and family, particularly on family holidays.

So in that spirit, I think you can expect to see this kind of thing in the future as well. Sales which are actually slightly before the holiday which make sure reefers get the value they deserve backed with respect for the team that delivers on that value. That probably means we will make less money but that's a tradeoff we are happy to make. That said, we will be more clear about the start and end dates. Hopefully, this is viewed for what it is, an opportunity to save a few days sooner rather than lack of a sale on the actual holiday.

This is huge! Specially for an organization to realize their workers are important to them. I'm sure the team appreciates this and I do support BRS even more so now that @Ryanbrs said this. Wish our leaders here would support us like this since we are not robots but actual people.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can fully appreciate that! Although my one criticism would be that, knowing it was Memorial Day weekend I checked into the site Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and again today and nowhere did I see any mention of a “Memorial Day” sale. Looked around as I had been waiting to make some purchases, but couldn’t see any banner or notice on the home page, and trust me I looked!

Oh well end of the day 10-15% (or whatever the sale was) isn’t bookoo savings, but savings nonetheless.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can fully appreciate that! Although my one criticism would be that, knowing it was Memorial Day weekend I checked into the site Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and again today and nowhere did I see any mention of a “Memorial Day” sale. Looked around as I had been waiting to make some purchases, but couldn’t see any banner or notice on the home page, and trust me I looked!

Oh well end of the day 10-15% (or whatever the sale was) isn’t bookoo savings, but savings nonetheless.

You do realize someone dug up a thread that was a year old?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back