micro bubbles

ironworker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2011
Messages
443
Reaction score
31
Location
clarksville TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have micro bubbles getting in my main display they are comming thrue the bubbla trap. what do you guys do to stop them.
 
Do you have a picture of your sump? The water could be dropping too far and be causing bubbles. Do you use a filter sock? I've also heard that turning the return pump down may help but I've always been weary of that due to cutting the life of the pump down.
 
i think the water is dropping to far and helping to push the bubbles down and under the trap. i increased the water levelin my return chamber and it helped alot. i also used a peace of filter floss where the water flows into the trap to try and pop the bubbles also helped.
 
I had the same issue and I used filter floss as well but a lot of people told me to get rid of it, so when I got a filter sock and removed the filter floss it stopped my problem, but I also added another baffle to stop it from falling as far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new