Micro dose of flucozanole

IMG_2341.png
That PO4 is getting dangerously low Charlie!
 
I have now done 3 micro dose treatments of the reeflux since I started this thread and I am happy to report that 100% of bryopsis is gone and 99.5% of the gha is gone. I say 99.5 bc I have 2 corals that each have a dead spot on them and some gha continues to grow in those areas. My rocks are so clean I’m actually worried that my snails, urchin and lawnmower blenny might starve. I’m letting film algae grow on the glass just to give them something to eat. The blenny will not touch nori or the PE mysis/rods. I’m also happy to say that all of my corals tolerated the treatments just fine. I did lose a no name speciosa but it was acting stressed before the treatments.
 
Last edited:
It really is nice having a clean scape for a while. I don’t want to rain on the parade but In my experience with flucon, the algae always comes back eventually. No matter how much I try to keep it away. But I guess with micro dosing ocassionally you may not have that problem!
 
It really is nice having a clean scape for a while. I don’t want to rain on the parade but In my experience with flucon, the algae always comes back eventually. No matter how much I try to keep it away. But I guess with micro dosing ocassionally you may not have that problem!
I’ve read that from several sources but it’s nice to know that it can be managed with the reeflux umbrella
 
How are you making out with your microdosing? Just ordered some Reeflux and am about to give it a try.
 
I have not performed another micro dose in awhile and my tank is still bryopsis free. I’ve been thinking about doing another treatment bc some gha has returned unfortunately. Still no obvious adverse reactions.
 
I have not performed another micro dose in awhile and my tank is still bryopsis free. I’ve been thinking about doing another treatment bc some gha has returned unfortunately. Still no obvious adverse reactions.
That's awesome that the bryopsis is gone! I dosed about 1/3 of a pill in my 150 last night. How are you measuring your dose?
 
I just realized an interesting observation. All of my asterina starfish have disappeared. I use to have hundreds of them. They would be all over the glass and rocks in the morning but they’re all gone. Weird
 
Still
50 no3
0.35 po4
And zero problems
IMG_3042.jpeg
IMG_3041.jpeg
IMG_3040.jpeg
IMG_3039.jpeg
IMG_3038.jpeg
IMG_3037.jpeg
I’m also at 0.35 phosphate, all my acros are happy and healthy and also zero problem. I have no algae even without flucozonale. However, with my PO4 around 0.35 I often wonder if my corals would grow faster if it was lower, let’s say around 0.15
@Charlie’s Frags do you ever feel your growth would be better with lower po4?
 
Have you made this a regular thing Micro-dosing or just the one time?
Since I did my dose, I am just starting to see some GHA appear. Very small tuft in one spot I can't reach.
Yes
I’ve done it several times now
 
I’m also at 0.35 phosphate, all my acros are happy and healthy and also zero problem. I have no algae even without flucozonale. However, with my PO4 around 0.35 I often wonder if my corals would grow faster if it was lower, let’s say around 0.15
@Charlie’s Frags do you ever feel your growth would be better with lower po4?
Idk. I need to go back and look at some of my old pics and po4 levels to see if the growth was better.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new