Midwest 200 Gallon Peninsula

Gowyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20191022_160605__01.jpg

Got my reactor stand from Melevs Reef! And I'm finally ready to put the rock in the tank... I'll be draining it down in a couple days, will have rock in by Friday!

IMG_20191022_160517__01.jpg
Looking really good.

HINT. I use BashSea reactors and like yours over time the sponges would float up inside the reactor. Easy fix. Just put 1/2” O-ring on top of it, keeps it on the bottom. Same for the top sponge, to hold it up.

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking really good.

HINT. I use BashSea reactors and like yours over time the sponges would float up inside the reactor. Easy fix. Just put 1/2” O-ring on top of it, keeps it on the bottom. Same for the top sponge, to hold it up.
Excellent idea! I will implement this next time I open the reactors. Thank you!

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, how are they doing?

THANKS FOR ASKING!

All Anthias are still in excellent health... Eating well and no negative affects from the copper. They have been maintained at 2.00 ppm copper using Copper Power checked by Hanna checker... We are 18 days into the 30 day copper treatment. After which I will lower them back to a zero copper environment and run them through a cycle of general cure. Then observation for the remainder of the 76 day QT

SO FAR SO GOOD

Also I finally have coral in the display. The first batch made it through QT. The next batch of corals going into the QT are starting to arrive on Thursday... This batch is heavily Zoanthid varieties for the zoa garden

Stay tuned!

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fast update... I forgot to post my FTS for March on the first like I usually do. So it's below! All is well and I should have a surprise to post in the coming weeks as I had a pretty cool visitor at the beginning of the month! Many corals have finished QT and are placed in the display however the QT tank is full of the next batch and it's very zoa heavy. I'll be working on the zoa garden next then slowing down additions as I focus on the sticks for the main attraction! Hope all is well with everyone, with the current state of affairs in the world we all need to stay safe!

March FTS:

IMG_20200317_195424.jpg

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found your build thread. Awesome tank ,stand and equipment. Love the clean wire management.

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool build! It's so tidy - you've inspired me to clean up my wire mess like right now. What was your energy consumption from the inline heater? I kept my house at 67f this winter and I think it was around $75+ per month using 3 titanium in-sump heaters keeping my water at 77.

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found your build thread. Awesome tank ,stand and equipment. Love the clean wire management.

THANKS! I'm pretty particular so constantly trying to improve on it. Wire management took the longest out of everything I did on this system.

that looks awesome!

Thank you! It's coming together!

Cool build! It's so tidy - you've inspired me to clean up my wire mess like right now. What was your energy consumption from the inline heater? I kept my house at 67f this winter and I think it was around $75+ per month using 3 titanium in-sump heaters keeping my water at 77.

Thanks for the kind words! I'd have to actually run the numbers on my energy consumption on the inline heater by itself. In total compared to last winter my bill was $50-75 higher than the same months before the tank was set up. But that was for everything, 24/7 UV all the lights and pumps, etc. We keep our house at 68f in the winter and I run my tank temp at 78.9f

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an awesome order of SPS from @Budman's Corals today! This guy's frags are HUGE! They are all acclimated and in the coral QT tank, I can't wait to see these things grow out!

IMG_20200410_102105__01.jpg

IMG_20200410_101952.jpg

13 Frags in total and they are stunners!

Ordered these 12:
Bud's Alaskan Thunder
RRU Signature Fruitopia
ASD Rainbow Milli
Cherry Corals Voodoo Majick
Strawberry Shortcake
WWC Slimeball
RRA Wolverine
Pikachu
Jason Fox Solar Flare
PC Rainbow
Bubble Gum Digi
WWC Heartbreaker

Got this bonus frag free:
RRU Kraken

Super cool to work with, great packaging, mega frag sizes! I'm impressed!

OP
OP
special-ops-s2k

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mentioned last month I'd have a cool surprise update coming soon! At the beginning of March, Mr. Saltwater Tank came and visited as a prize given out by Saltwateraquarium.com and while he was there he filmed a MRSWT Reacts video of my tank! It was a fun experience and very cool to have my setup featured in a video! Check it out!

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks amazing and very well thought out! I too have OCD when it comes to wire and plumbing management. Would you mind providing the vendor of where you purchased the tubing brackets? I love those, great idea!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back