Mindstream

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since I have received a couple messages - and since I'm still (perhaps wrongly so) supportive of the company - The situation TO ME seems like when there is a 'run on the bank' i.e. so many people panicking and cancelling orders - which they had thought were there. So - they are just 'not answering the phone' or posting - until there is new news beyond what they said a couple weeks ago - i.e. thanks for being patient - they have plenty of funding.

Note - I have no inside information - I have no axe to grind against them or the product - there are things that make me suspicious that 'bad things' have happened - there are also encouraging signs (As @Daniel@R2R just posted). It becomes kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy though - im sorry to say - people (some) since July have been belittling the company (and they may have been warranted in doing so) - but the more people that request refunds - the more issues there are (someone else mentioned this a couple weeks ago) - which is why I asked my Cc for 'the merchandise' as compared to a 'refund'. Note - before conspiracy theorists start up. I can fully understand why some would request a refund pending a resolution of (whatever) the issues are. I am not an employee of the company - nor do I have any 'inside knowledge' of whats up - what I do know - is that all of the communication I have had with the company has been truthful, friendly, and a credit that I requested for a different issue was promptly and politely handled long before it was supposed to be.

U

User1

View Badges
Since I have received a couple messages - and since I'm still (perhaps wrongly so) supportive of the company - The situation TO ME seems like when there is a 'run on the bank' i.e. so many people panicking and cancelling orders - which they had thought were there. So - they are just 'not answering the phone' or posting - until there is new news beyond what they said a couple weeks ago - i.e. thanks for being patient - they have plenty of funding.

Note - I have no inside information - I have no axe to grind against them or the product - there are things that make me suspicious that 'bad things' have happened - there are also encouraging signs (As @Daniel@R2R just posted). It becomes kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy though - im sorry to say - people (some) since July have been belittling the company (and they may have been warranted in doing so) - but the more people that request refunds - the more issues there are (someone else mentioned this a couple weeks ago) - which is why I asked my Cc for 'the merchandise' as compared to a 'refund'. Note - before conspiracy theorists start up. I can fully understand why some would request a refund pending a resolution of (whatever) the issues are. I am not an employee of the company - nor do I have any 'inside knowledge' of whats up - what I do know - is that all of the communication I have had with the company has been truthful, friendly, and a credit that I requested for a different issue was promptly and politely handled long before it was supposed to be.

I do not agree they have proper or plenty of funding. If they did they wouldn't charge up front. Yes, I'm looking at this black and white. Proper funding is 33 million and no up front charges.

I like the conspiracy theory aspect. Interesting enough something is going down because there is just not a lot of information coming out from my search results. The product was hyped (as are others, rightly so) and those who have it, and have had it, one would think they would be posting information. I'm just not seeing it. Most searches turn up R2R threads - go figure. And we are more or less just BS'ing.

No one on R2R is posting feedback on its performance over time. The sub forum is dead. I don't know - but conspiracy theory maybe you are right :D

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The voice mail box at their phone number is full and not accepting any more messages :oops:

I just called - and It said our office hours are xxxxxxxxxx please call during those hours (there was no voicemail available) was that what happened when you called:?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not agree they have proper or plenty of funding. If they did they wouldn't charge up front. Yes, I'm looking at this black and white. Proper funding is 33 million and no up front charges.

I like the conspiracy theory aspect. Interesting enough something is going down because there is just not a lot of information coming out from my search results. The product was hyped (as are others, rightly so) and those who have it, and have had it, one would think they would be posting information. I'm just not seeing it. Most searches turn up R2R threads - go figure. And we are more or less just crap'ing.

No one on R2R is posting feedback on its performance over time. The sub forum is dead. I don't know - but conspiracy theory maybe you are right :D

Did you see what @Daniel@R2R just posted? I dont know what a subforum is. And - you are taking 2 words (conspiracy theory) and ignoring the rest. I support the company - at least the idea of the company - but that support is lukewarm (at best)

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They could post on post on a thread.. one post on face book and make an announcement.. this silence says one thing.. they do not care.. if they cared they would. The fact we have to contact our credit card companies., argue with them, get them to do a credit and loss the use of th 1,000 for 4 months is a loss of money to me.. time and money... regardless if it is eventually credited back to my statement. I would love to be able to take 100k loan for four months on my business and not have to pay interest to a bank.. just my 2 cents.. dont shoot me..

U

User1

View Badges
Did you see what @Daniel@r2rjust posted? I dont know what a subforum is. And - you are taking 2 words (conspiracy theory) and ignoring the rest. I support the company - at least the idea of the company - but that support is lukewarm (at best)

Yes, he said they may be on track. No idea what that means or why it would come from someone other than the company but that wasn't my point (and no disrespect to Daniel). I was merely playing on the conspiracy theory part and if one was to purchase what would they find if they did a search. I didn't find anything useful to be honest. And the few who have them nothing is coming out from them be it negative or positive. That is odd.

Supporting the company though - go for it. I think you should support the brand and company if you believe it in. I personally don't want to see fellow hobbyists get ripped off though. Jury is still out on that if products are shipping. But again see internet search and no data. A bit concerning.

U

User1

View Badges
They could post on post on a thread.. one post on face book and make an announcement.. this silence says one thing.. they do not care.. if they cared they would. The fact we have to contact our credit card companies., argue with them, get them to do a credit and loss the use of th 1,000 for 4 months is a loss of money to me.. time and money... regardless if it is eventually credited back to my statement. I would love to be able to take 100k loan for four months on my business and not have to pay interest to a bank.. just my 2 cents.. dont shoot me..

Agreed - that is why I replied above that they did not have proper funding. Their biggest mistake will be the upfront charge. I always thought it was the subscription but a few people here put up a pretty good reason on that so I've yielded. Paying ahead of time is concerning.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think there is anyone left to care. I believe that they have ceased operations. No contact with anyone for weeks indicates that they have, at least temporarily, shuttered the business in my opinion.

I finally got my money back after talking with my bank. Thankfully they agreed immediately to refund the full amount.

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no conspiracy theory required here. This was no scam operation - they have a real product that clearly works at some level. It had to take a huge amount of research and development to get them there.

The fact that they charged people's credit cards before shipping the units is, unfortunately, a huge red flag. This is not standard practice and indicates to me that they have indeed run out of cash. Running out of cash means you can't make payroll, and typically that's the end. If that's they case, I feel terrible for all the people who've worked there for so many years to bring this product to market.

They may be trying to secure new funding but after seven years, it's going to be at fire sale prices, and even then they'll have to convince a new investor that they really will have the kinks ironed out soon. Could be a tough sell especially with the success of the Trident sweeping through their market.

The radio silence also doesn't bode well. The only situation I can imagine where you would do that is if everything is imploding. In that case, there's nothing for them to say to people until they either secure a new round of funding or shut the doors.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but it looks bad.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, he said they may be on track. No idea what that means or why it would come from someone other than the company but that wasn't my point (and no disrespect to Daniel). I was merely playing on the conspiracy theory part and if one was to purchase what would they find if they did a search. I didn't find anything useful to be honest. And the few who have them nothing is coming out from them be it negative or positive. That is odd.

Supporting the company though - go for it. I think you should support the brand and company if you believe it in. I personally don't want to see fellow hobbyists get ripped off though. Jury is still out on that if products are shipping. But again see internet search and no data. A bit concerning.

I support the technology - and the product - I'll say it again for the xxx time - The conduct is not acceptable.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t think there is anyone left to care. I believe that they have ceased operations. No contact with anyone for weeks indicates that they have, at least temporarily, shuttered the business in my opinion.

I finally got my money back after talking with my bank. Thankfully they agreed immediately to refund the full amount.
Glad you got your money back

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just called - and It said our office hours are xxxxxxxxxx please call during those hours (there was no voicemail available) was that what happened when you called:?

No, it was a voice recording. Thanks for calling Mindstream...select 1to purchase...2 for support...3 for wholesale accounts. I tried 1 and 2 and both voicemail boxes were full.

It was about 2:00pm est.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You still have a subscription for yours? If so, please let us know when your next disc is supposed to arrive and when it does. Thanks!
Will do

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If ION Director from GHL launches before Christmas, and is accurate and cost effective, Mindstream will be nothing more than an after-thought, and a year from now, a long forgotten name....

I would buy a trident before this every day. Peristaltic pumps fail, etc. etc. and it doesnt measure alkalinity (at least according to the stuff I just read)

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ION Director from GHL launches before Christmas, and is accurate and cost effective, Mindstream will be nothing more than an after-thought, and a year from now, a long forgotten name....

I called them because I was thinking of going the GHL route but after hearing everything I kind of backed off. For a typical person your talking about $1600+ for both the Kh and Ion Director and that gives you only Seven values instead of Ten on the MS. Then as @MnFish1 noted you have Peristaltic pumps and hoses and then reagents for the Alk and all of that is going to require calibration and servicing. The other down side is the sheer bulk of all of these items together. I think it would be a good option if your already in the GHL ecosphere but for the rest of us it's a lot more money and hastle for less tests.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were delayed by a few weeks a couple of months ago, but they caught up. I believe they're on time now.

As a R2R staff member, and a user of the MS unit, can you please give us readers here a synopsis of your experiences with your MS unit? Is it accurate, etc? Also, can you please share your thoughts as to why MS has gone silent?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back