Mirror Trick

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into adding some tangs , pbt or gem, to one of my aquarium. I have a yellow in one system and and a purple in another.
What type of mirror do people use for the mirror trick? I want to hang the mirror from the side of the aquarium if possible.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I added my powder blue to my existing 5 tangs, I put it in an acclimation box for 3 days. After 3 days, I released him, but turned the lights off for a day and put up a mirror the entire length of the tank and a smaller one on the sides. After another 3 days, I took the mirrors down and no one cared about the powder blue.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used a cheap $7 13”x49” mirror from Walmart. I just sat it on the floor leaned up against the tank. It worked wonders in getting my purple tang to stop attacking my newly added foxface.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the mirror trick, and why?
When adding new fish (usually tangs) in with established fish it can be helpful to put a mirror by the tank. It causes the established fish to be more interested in its reflection than the newly added fish. It helped a lot when I had to do it.

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did this with a cheap mirror from target 12x40 and set it up where my tang likes to hang out the most, I had to do it for 5 days but afterwards the tang forgot all about the new additions to tank and now they all swim together

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back