Mitras LX7200

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like it?
Got it hooked up about an hour ago, ups didn't deliver it until 7 pm..

Unit looks good, seems very well built.

Programming took a bit to get used to, but once you figure out the software it makes sense (albeit somewhat tedious)

Will post pictures and par data tomorrow.

Blending, coverage and spectrum looks amazing so far, but its up to the corals how well the light works ;)

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine up for a couple weeks. I very happy so far. It's not a PAR monster, but I'm also still running mine in high efficiency mode not high output.
Pros:
Light blending (no noticeable color separation)
Light coverage
Built-in wifi
GHL software

Cons
The hanging kit doesn't account for the power cord twisting the units some.

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine up for a couple weeks. I very happy so far. It's not a PAR monster, but I'm also still running mine in high efficiency mode not high output.
Pros:
Light blending (no noticeable color separation)
Light coverage
Built-in wifi
GHL software

Cons
The hanging kit doesn't account for the power cord twisting the units some.

I would agree with all your points, especially the par part and the hanging kit. I'm gonna buy their flex mount or something eventually and possibly get a second unit.

I'm seeing between 200-75 par throughout most of the tank with one unit, however I am running in High out put mode. With a second unit (which I would have bought if they were in stock) I'd probably run both units at 75% power and get a consistent 125-250 par that I am hoping for.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA moved after about 1 week. I think it was a flow change that caused that because he moved the same day I turned up my Vortech's %.

DSC_6008.jpg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA moved after about 1 week. I think it was a flow change that caused that because he moved the same day I turned up my Vortech's %.
Since your bta moved has it found and new home and is it back out and happy?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind...
I see it at the bottom up front.
It looks like it's happy to me. :)

I've seen certain led fixtures that just ruin bta's. That's why I'm so interested on how they are doing under the Mitra's.

Been trying to get the two guys that have the CoralCare's on R2R to drop one in but that's not going to happen. :(

Last edited:

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've only had it going on for 8 hours, so hopefully they like the change.

tpack17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at that pic it seems the coverage is very good for one fixture. I am surprised that you guys say the par isn't that great. Looks bright throughout tank.
It could also just be my settings, I haven't had much time to play with the light

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be higher PAR if I used more of the white channels. I think all channels driven is ~10k which is too white for my taste. I'm running mine at 15k peak midday and 17k for most of the rest of the day. At peaks I'm getting ~400par at the water suface.

tpack17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be higher PAR if I used more of the white channels. I think all channels driven is ~10k which is too white for my taste. I'm running mine at 15k peak midday and 17k for most of the rest of the day. At peaks I'm getting ~400par at the water suface.
Now if I read correctly, you can turn up colors over 100%. So if whites are at 30% you could turn blue up to over 100%. Wasn't that a feature of these? Have you guys tried that? Slief said that 3 mitras over my SCA 150 would grow sps no problem with great coverage. From what I see of coverage on the 36" with 1. Three over 60" would be rockin.

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a Apogee full spectrum SQ-520 to measure par.

26" between the Mitras pendant and Apogee quantum sensor

Mitras pendant set to factory 80% High-output(You have the option to set it up to 100%)

Brightness set to 100%

All 9 color channels are set to 100%

Results shown in attached image..

IMG_0347.JPG

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now if I read correctly, you can turn up colors over 100%. So if whites are at 30% you could turn blue up to over 100%. Wasn't that a feature of these? Have you guys tried that? Slief said that 3 mitras over my SCA 150 would grow sps no problem with great coverage. From what I see of coverage on the 36" with 1. Three over 60" would be rockin.
I only need a second one because I don't want to redo my scape, if I kept sps in the center and LPS everywhere else 1 unit is enough for 3 feet. For how I currently have my tank I would like a second one!

As for par and over driven channels I have the violets and blues at 120% and all the other colors and the 80% high output mode.

I think my current spectrum is too blue hut I wanted to copy the Ecotech Ab+ settings. I'll likely tweak it to more white and less blue. The coverage is better than expected, and if I move the unit higher it would be even better, but I didn't have time to properly do the hanging kit. I just hooked it to the one I had setup for my ati

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only need a second one because I don't want to redo my scape, if I kept sps in the center and LPS everywhere else 1 unit is enough for 3 feet. For how I currently have my tank I would like a second one!
+1
3 units would just be out right overkill. Nice, but overkill. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back