Mixing Radion Blues & Pros?

Royal With Cheese!

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 3 Radion XR30 Blues. It’s too blue…!!! I’m working on playing with the various light intensities to bring it a little lighter but the capabilities of the blues to get much more white is limited. Due to cost I'm considering replacing one blue with a pro….then maybe another down the road. Possibly all three over time.
Has anyone paired 1 pro with 2 blues? Or 2 pros with 1 blue? I’m curious if the mixture would blend well and work. Thoughts?
 
I have 2 blues(the blue doesn't bother me) but I added a ReefBright actinic XHO to help with shadowing. I just bought a 3/4" wide by 1/8" thick aluminum bar and mounted the ReefBright brackets to it. the aluminum bar is above the Radion mounts and the light below with zipties holding it in place. I just put it on a timer. Anyway ReefBright has one that's all white LEDs and a dimmer that makes it adjustable for like 25%,50%,75% and 100%(stupid me bought the dimmer,but run it at 100%). This might work for you, just a thought.
 
I have 2 blues(the blue doesn't bother me) but I added a ReefBright actinic XHO to help with shadowing. I just bought a 3/4" wide by 1/8" thick aluminum bar and mounted the ReefBright brackets to it. the aluminum bar is above the Radion mounts and the light below with zipties holding it in place. I just put it on a timer. Anyway ReefBright has one that's all white LEDs and a dimmer that makes it adjustable for like 25%,50%,75% and 100%(stupid me bought the dimmer,but run it at 100%). This might work for you, just a thought.
Thanks for the idea! The blue doesn’t bother me too much. But it’s driving my wife crazy and it’s in our living room so…
 
I run 2 xr15 blues on my 80.
I supplement them with 2 16hds.
I run ab+ at 60%.
I could not get the color I wanted with the xr's alone.
20220718_131612.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new