Mixing Stations

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of container on wheels would you reccommend? I will be doing about 10 gallon water changes.
10gallons only? Just use 5g buckets as Pizzaface has suggested, thats the easiest and cheapest way of going about it.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A cost-effective and portable solution are rubbermaid Brute cans with the wheel attachments. They come in a wide variety of sizes, are food grade, sold at nearly all big box stores, etc.

I use two 20g brutes on wheels for both storing water for water changes and mixing, and the other is old saltwater to be disposed of. The lids seal nicely and you can get two cans and two wheel attachments for under $100 bucks depending on size, and the wheels can support 200+ lbs I believe, and can roll over carpet smoothly. Think janitorial cart!

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A cost-effective and portable solution are rubbermaid Brute cans with the wheel attachments. They come in a wide variety of sizes, are food grade, sold at nearly all big box stores, etc.

I use two 20g brutes on wheels for both storing water for water changes and mixing, and the other is old saltwater to be disposed of. The lids seal nicely and you can get two cans and two wheel attachments for under $100 bucks depending on size, and the wheels can support 200+ lbs I believe, and can roll over carpet smoothly. Think janitorial cart!

Any pictures of your method would be greatly appreciated :)

mohican

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for some of the Brute trashcan dollies. I am little concerned about how high it was them off of the ground. May increase the tipping hazard for 32 gallons of H2O.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my mixing brute, just a power head and a heater. I have an identical one for waste water from the change. $20 for the can, $30 for the wheels. The wheels spin into the base and securely lock to the base of the can (for those worrying about it falling over and what not).

E9F9DE1A-D708-4608-A858-5B6A8D646E8E.jpeg

Last edited:

Shad Quill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using 2 35 gallon barrels. I can fill my ato res with ro directly from the barrel that has a mag pump inside that is hard plumbed over to the res. I can also pump mixed water over from the mixing barrel using the external circulating pump and opening the 1/2 inch valve on the outlet of the pump.
e88e8711626805b9d4e04ca675c3c2ed.jpg

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using 2 35 gallon barrels. I can fill my ato res with ro directly from the barrel that has a mag pump inside that is hard plumbed over to the res. I can also pump mixed water over from the mixing barrel using the external circulating pump and opening the 1/2 inch valve on the outlet of the pump.
e88e8711626805b9d4e04ca675c3c2ed.jpg

What’s the black material under the barrels?

Shad Quill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the black material under the barrels?
Inexpensive runner mat from my local hardware store. Its chemical resistant so I figured it would work well to keep the water from damaging the plywood and make any salt spills easy to wipe up. So far it was a good decision. And it's like 2 bucks a foot.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back