Moar Nano's! Waterbox 10 Setup and upgrades

Soylent Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy folks!

So a week ago I mentioned I picked up four nano tanks (two new, two used) for a dirt cheap price, well it's the Waterbox 10's turn to shine now.
20210305_182708.jpg

When I was looking for a stand, I was on Amazon and found a biocube 14/16 stand. The 10 fits perfectly on it (with about 3/4" to an inch gap all around), and best of all it took like four days to get to me. Super happy with it, looks great on there.
14/16 Biocube Stand

20210306_134633.jpg

So after reading about some folks not being happy with the stock pump (and lets be honest, they all usually suck), I measured and went with a Vivosun 210gph. Fits like it was made to be the original pump. At 210gph, it's nearly double the output. Did I mention it is also cheap? 13 bucks. No brainer. And if you were going to be running a softy/shroom tank, you wouldn't even need a wave maker because of the 20x turnover you'd get from it.
210GPH Pump

Next up, the wave maker. I really like the NERO pumps. I really, really do not like the NERO price. I can buy THREE of these for the price of one NERO. I've been using Jaebo pumps for seven or eight years, and have never had an issue. Love em. Now this one is rated up to a little over 1000 gph, so there should be no issues pushing water.
20210305_182721.jpg

Wavemaker

Next, we have the lighting. There have been a lot of really good reviews of the Nicrew Hyperreef LEDs. In 30/50/100/150 Watts, you've got some choices. I went with the 50, because I'll be able to grow ANYTHING with this light. Setting it up was easy, and the mounting arm of black aluminum is pretty sturdy.
20210306_143948.jpg

(Added water today to start cycle - still super cloudy in the tank) Playing with the light, I'm really excited to see what this can do.
I was tempted to go with the 30W one, there is a controller for it, and it would have been $30.00 USD cheaper, but almost doubling the wattage and staying under $100 made the 50W the go to. Rumor has it there will be a controller for the 50+ watt fixtures, so that is something I'll be taking a look at once it is out.
NICREW 50W Hyperreef LED

Lastly, the heater. I've always had good luck with the simple set and forget @ 78 degrees heaters. I live in Northern Minnesota, so I need heaters nearly year round. Knock on wood, five years in, I've never had a failure. Just a simple 100W Aqueon finishes it off.
100W Heater

Waiting for the tank to settle so I can aquascape, but I've got a couple ideas for this tank that I haven't tried before.

Thanks for reading!

OP
OP
Soylent Wrasse

Soylent Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still got those new tank bubbles, but here's a shot of everything in action:
20210306_183010_HDR.jpg

Aquascape will change - just had to get the hunk of live rock from the main tank into there to get things rolling (lots of sponges/misc life on the sides/bottom).

Back