Mobius is Terrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call the spouse and tell her to do it?
If your spouse is like mine, she's already had enough of the tank. Asking her to actually do something maintenance wise for the tank would be the final death blow! ;Blackeye

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your spouse is like mine, she's already had enough of the tank. Asking her to actually do something maintenance wise for the tank would be the final death blow! ;Blackeye
I didnt say it was a GOOD way to control your tank when you werent sitting by it!! ;)

Neilie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an invitation for the beta test. Connected to the radion g5 through WiFi and I now can control these lights away from the tank, good stuff!

holdthecoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you control more than the lights with the mobius WiFi? I specifically need to control my versa pumps away from my tank when parameters are off.

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you control more than the lights with the mobius WiFi? I specifically need to control my versa pumps away from my tank when parameters are off.
Yes, versa and vectra also but as of now you need g5 lighting as the g5's are the wifi broker. The g5 lighting talks to everything else via bluetooth

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to have the ability to set different intensities for a group of lights, say for acclimating a specific area of the tank. And when you're saving a template it absolutely should save the time intervals you specify and not tag on some random ±15-45min addition when loading it.

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to have the ability to set different intensities for a group of lights, say for acclimating a specific area of the tank. And when you're saving a template it absolutely should save the time intervals you specify and not tag on some random ±15-45min addition when loading it.
I'd love that functionality for mixed reef. The LPS zone could have lower intensity than the SPS zone. That way you wouldn't be tied to setting up different virtual tanks to achieve it.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you import multiple pump programs into it? I cannot seem to program it to get much random flow, especially compared to the WXM.

corey

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius is and will remain a terrible app! Why can't you just program several lamps differently from each other?
For example, I mainly have Tenuis in the middle and LPS and not too light-hungry Montiporas on the edge.
And this WLAN function. I have it, but I don't see any difference. What is this WiFi supposed to do? The Radion and Vortech still hang up regularly and have to be disconnected from the power supply or completely reinitialized in order for them to work again. I disconnected my Vectra from Mobius because the pump suddenly went crazy. now it doesn't cause any more problems! No more gargling or sudden sipping at night!

Last edited:

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the Red sea lights allow you to program indidvual lights on different settings? Or any other app controlled units whilst your there?

Just curious.

I reckon some people need to go back to t5 lights and appreciate the blanket FULL ON or OFF and nothing else :eek:

I know its not ideal for those of us up high on the pedastol but i actually have had my lights working as lower power on the outside, higher on the inside. Add multiple "tanks", but lets not call them tanks, i like to call them zones so it doesnt put people off - Its very simple to do. Maybe not simple for everyone i guess.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree, can’t make any changes or check the status unless you’re near the tank.
Last night while trying to make changes, it stated move closer to the tank. i was 6" near the tank, any closer i'd be in the tank. Took about 10 minutes to do my changes
Thanks Mobius
:rolleyes::mad:;Meh;Rage;Yuck

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully brs taking over Neptune will spur ecotech into playing nice with apex. I hate the mobius app. What a painful experience. I wish it was all just done through my apex

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech has long since lost interest in its customers. This company is a purely profit-making company. For them, customers are just gold donkeys that can be gutted, nothing more. Nothing more complex is done on their part, least of all to fix bugs. These are all just unnecessary costs that you would rather spend on another cross bike

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to the hobby. Most of these clown companies apps suck badly. Bad UI, unintuitive design. Every bad thing you can think of.
AI has been producing quality hardware since you were probably in diapers. To call them a clown company shows your immaturity and ignorance. I assume you have a red sea...

Gogi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why can't you just program several lamps differently from each other?
For example, I mainly have Tenuis in the middle and LPS and not too light-hungry Montiporas on the edge.
I thought the same thing. But it turns out you can put the lights into separate groups and then program each group with individual schedule. I have them on the same schedule but with different intensities.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back