Mobius is Terrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the same thing. But it turns out you can put the lights into separate groups and then program each group with individual schedule. I have them on the same schedule but with different intensities.
Groups is a very handy feature of the latest Mobius update.

it unfortunately didn’t exist back in November so other ways had to be done to achieve the same thing.

just shows Mobius is stepping in the right direction to me though. Groups is very handy.

ShawnM24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry this is hilarious used to be you had timers turn for t5 or vho and halides on and that was that. Now you can control your light and modify the color and that’s not good enough for you all why in the hell do you all need to control the lights when you are not in front of the tank you all really need to calm down. Keep **** simple

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully brs taking over Neptune will spur ecotech into playing nice with apex. I hate the mobius app. What a painful experience. I wish it was all just done through my apex
I have the hope as you however.

As for Mobius. It took a couple months after I got my Radion and Vortechs but the customer service guys got it sorted and it’s been working fine for well over a year. However this last update broke it. Now I have to unplug the pumps and replay them every day, once a day or Mobius won’t talk to them. Mobius is the reason I didn’t buy Versa pumps. There was no way I would ever trust Mobius to dose my tank. Now you can’t get Versa’s anymore or parts for them so it it’s a non- issue.

My thoughts on Mobius are that who ever they hired to develop it are just aren’t very good at what they do or Echotech tech didn’t have the money to do it right or to fix it. It’s a mess. But be thankful, it’s not nearly as bad as Neptunes products.

Last edited by a moderator:

ahuynh616

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the hope as you however.

As for Mobius. It took a couple months after I got my Radion and Vortechs but the customer service guys got it sorted and it’s been working fine for well over a year. However this last update broke it. Now I have to unplug the pumps and replay them every day, once a day or Mobius won’t talk to them. Mobius is the reason I didn’t buy Versa pumps. There was no way I would ever trust Mobius to dose my tank. Now you can’t get Versa’s anymore or parts for them so it it’s a non- issue.

My thoughts on Mobius are that who ever they hired to develop it are just aren’t very good at what they do or Echotech tech didn’t have the money to do it right or to fix it. It’s a mess. But be thankful, it’s not nearly as bad as Neptunes products.
Was wondering if I was the only person having the daily disconnects where the app doesn't talk to my MP40s. Beyond frustrating having to unplug them to reset them to work in the app.

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if I was the only person having the daily disconnects where the app doesn't talk to my MP40s. Beyond frustrating having to unplug them to reset them to work in the app.
It’s been that way since they released it. I truly believe either the developers they used are clueless or they aren’t going to fix any of the bugs. They keep introducing useless “features” instead of using their money to fix the mess they have. Kinda reminds me of Neptune; except Echotech has awesome high quality hardware.

ahuynh616

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just as bad is why use freaking Bluetooth for communication instead of WiFi. Even my heating controller (Ink-Bird) has WiFi capabilities.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one of my mp40s connection drops every few days. Requires a power cycle to reconnect. It’s getting old.

scubaReef002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How don't these big companies put more money/effort into their software development?

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech needs to high smarter technical folks, this app is trash. Constant random disconnects and lost settings; I can't wait to replace my lights with Neptune. Forcing this trash software on us was just flat out wrong. Their support is garbage too.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but but but ... the new G6 is so much better.
Better spread, more leds, super duper titanium heat sink, fixtures now comes in three colors .. black - white and roadside neon green.

mobius membership sold separately

MikeIkerson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daylight savings time and mobius only relayed that to one of three radions. The mobius app is so garbage, @Bulk Reef Supply you own ecotech, can you make them make their app just a little less garbage? Literally every single time I want to adjust my radions I have to factory reset all three. It is a pain and the mobius app is completely useless. I asked support for help and they told me to do something I have already tried numerous times (turn it off and then back on). Their app is useless and their support is useless.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daylight savings time and mobius only relayed that to one of three radions. The mobius app is so garbage, @Bulk Reef Supply you own ecotech, can you make them make their app just a little less garbage? Literally every single time I want to adjust my radions I have to factory reset all three. It is a pain and the mobius app is completely useless. I asked support for help and they told me to do something I have already tried numerous times (turn it off and then back on). Their app is useless and their support is useless.
I think the cure to this is coming In the form of a module That allows apex to control the lights

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mobius. There was a login issue a month ago but since that has been resolved, overall I find the app intuitive and user friendly. I know a lot of complaints have been around connectivity so hopefully ecotexh fixes that soon. I wonder if all these issues are with newer Radions? I am still rocking the gen4s.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
As much as I hate to have to use my phone to control my Radions with Mobius, I haven't had any problems getting the app to work

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mobius. There was a login issue a month ago but since that has been resolved, overall I find the app intuitive and user friendly. I know a lot of complaints have been around connectivity so hopefully ecotexh fixes that soon. I wonder if all these issues are with newer Radions? I am still rocking the gen4s.
Same here. No issues. Use it just for lights so once it’s been set pretty much leave it alone. There have been a couple of updates to the app. The most recent and notable was the additional widgets. Nice to have but not critical. I’ve been looking for a very basic feature. Show the lighting schedule I’m running.

kenjung

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got hit with it today, G4 is working, G5 lost connection on a 8 foot tank. What is with Ecotech has to make resetting so dang hard, its like fighting the boss stage trying to resetting the dang thing. Finally reset it with several attempts F** Radions. Trying to reset it on a hanging light fixture with these button combination at the same time trying not to put too much pressure, not easy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back