Mobius woes, Alternatives?

joshwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way that is WiFi. You would have issues with other devices, too. If the firmware is updated on all the parts, then remind Ecotech that they aren’t Jaebo. Ecotech is a premium brand that sells at premium prices. If they aren’t going to fix it, or replace it, then return everything and get the money back. There are too many options out there to be letting them keep stringing you along and not backup their product. We are customers, not beta testers.

joshwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, satellite service runs on a completely different frequency from Wifi or any other networked device. Seems like they are just stalling.

Not to sound like an Ecotech hater, but I cant stand when premium brands think their detritus doesnt stink. This hobby isnt big enough for that. Apple can do that. Ecotech cant.

OP
OP
Piker

Piker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same type of problems. Sometimes I open the App and everything is fine sometimes everything is messed up. As I was reading this I opened the App. Every time I call them I get the same crap as you.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 6.55.58 PM.jpg
Sorry to see you having these issues too, thats a familiar sight in your app and I can relate. The only thing I can recommend is to turn off anything in your house that operates wirelessly and try to narrow it down. I'm starting my second day with no issues after removing my dish network receivers but don't have complete faith im in the clear yet.

OP
OP
Piker

Piker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, satellite service runs on a completely different frequency from Wifi or any other networked device. Seems like they are just stalling.

Not to sound like an Ecotech hater, but I cant stand when premium brands think their detritus doesnt stink. This hobby isnt big enough for that. Apple can do that. Ecotech cant.
Dish network sends its signal from a receiver through the 802.11ac protocol wirelessly to the joey terminal to stream video. It is wireless and dish boasts its signal strength. It may or may not be a permanent fix, but my app loads and responds so much faster.

OP
OP
Piker

Piker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way that is WiFi. You would have issues with other devices, too. If the firmware is updated on all the parts, then remind Ecotech that they aren’t Jaebo. Ecotech is a premium brand that sells at premium prices. If they aren’t going to fix it, or replace it, then return everything and get the money back. There are too many options out there to be letting them keep stringing you along and not backup their product. We are customers, not beta testers.
Its 2 months out, too late for a return, trust me, I was frustrated enough to make that call to BRS. Trying to see the silver lining.

OP
OP
Piker

Piker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone is still following, but Friday I came home to a left MP40 that was not spinning. To add to the fun, I had the same experience after a water change today. 3 devices went AWOL.

I'm going to give this information to ecotech, along with video submissions. I'm going to downgrade the MP40's and use an apex to control them, and forgo the feed mode function of the return pump and just shut it off for feed mode, and hope that the lights will be stable when they are the only two components on a mobius system.

Super annoyed, that silver lining is no more... for ecotech anyway, there are some positives to picking up a controller of course.

These videos are just snapshots of moments of frustration, I don't have the patience to film the hours of issues I've had.

bwp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting an old thread…

did you ever figure out a solution to your problems ?

I’m still hoping that ecotech provides a central device that allows us to remote control the mobius connected devices.

as for your problem… while it is possible that WiFi is interfering to some degree, it shouldn’t prevent Bluetooth from working. If you still have the problem, I would suggest turning off all blue tooth on your AV devices at your house. I think dish supports Bluetooth devices and I’d start by turning that off. Same goes for your tv which might have a Bluetooth remote. Lots of potential candidates…

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back