Monkey see monkey do!

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just added a Diamond Watchmen Goby to tank. Was told it would sift/clean sand all day.

It does but also is digging holes and making mounds everywhere. What's worse is my Royal Gramma has followed the behavior. Driving me mad... I guess I wasn't expecting all the digging. Also didn't take into account/or realize that the DWG could/would deplete the sandbed.

Now I have to try and catch him... easier said than done!

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gramma that's always spitting sand on my corals. Just keeping his hiding hole clean I guess. They can be so nit picky! Geez enuf already! LOL

OP
OP
jazzmik

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond Gobies are notorious for sand sifting. I would have never expected a Gramma to follow along though.

- C. Smith

Yeah I had to return the DG. The Gramma hasn't touched the sand since! Haha

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think that's bad. I got an exquisite wrasse that has decided it no longer wants to sleep above ground and wants to follow the lead of my sand burrowing wrasse and dig wholes everywhere. He literally buries himself at this point now covering up every coral in his path. I've seen him get covered in sand completely to just swim out of the area in the morning. Same spot and everything

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back