Month old tank

You could still go with a 5 gallon bucket and filter sock. Just turn off the return and any flow pumps, scrape/siphon through the filter sock until 4 gallons or so, stop siphon, dump water back into tank, repeat, profit.
I have a 10gall tank, can i use that?
 
*Update* another Week in, Everything is still alive, I got a tuxedo urchin (couldn’t find anyone selling these suckers at all for a bit) and i did another water change but a did a little more than i normally do, i also lifted/moved alot of the rocks around and siphoned all of the nastiness that was hiding out of sight. I bought purigen and put a pack inside my canister, and also installed the fluval UV sterilizer that connects onto the cannister filter. Hopefully these additives help with the algae issues! I appreciate everyone’s feedback as always.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0568.jpeg
    IMG_0568.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 69

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new