DittyTheFirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 weeks ago I moved all of my corals from my 20 long to my new 50 gallon system. Parameters were the sam and I adjusted the lights to the same par value the corals were used to in the old system. I had noticed over the past week that my orange monticap has been losing tissue a little bit week by week. My mind went to nudi’s right away but I have stayed up for hours on end during the past few nights trying to find one but saw nothing. I dialed back my lights a little bit about a week ago to see if that would help but it seems to only be receding further but very slowly. I also have been monitoring my Alk through the use of a Salifert test kit. A stable 8-8.3 since the move. The flow is indirect but moderate. Other montipora in the tank seem unaffected by whatever is affecting this orange cap. At this point I’m stumped so hopefully someone will know what’s going on here.

Parameters:
Salinity: 1.024–1.025
Calcium: 450
Alk: 8.3
Mag: 1360
Nitrates: 5-7
Phosphates .01

B610FC01-1DE1-4A17-A4DA-3F4D5C8937AD.jpeg

OP
OP
D

DittyTheFirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were your nutrients in the old tank?

how did you set the tank up?

Did you transfer substrate and rock too?
I kept the nutrients relatively similar, but I will admit during the last couple weeks of my 20 being up I got lazy and stopped testing (dumb I know). My 20 and new system were close together in the same room so I just brought over the rocks with the corals still attached and salvaged some of the sand as well.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back