Moving Process

dhutcheson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2010
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Location
Athens
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now have my 140 ready to set up. But here is the problem: I have a 60 Cube right where the 140 will go so the 60 must get moved. The plan is to move the 60 to a new location and set up the 140 in its spot. What I need is some advice on how to do the move.
I am thinking of removing 25% of the water capturing the fish and putting them in that 25% of water. Then take another 25% of the water and pulling the live rock to that batch then pulling the remaining 50% into a storage container. Then moving the 60 gal tank to its location. And refilling 50% and the live rock, The 25% water and then the fish and then the remaining 25% of the water. So I will keep same water during the move. Containers are all Brute trash cans used for water changes and storage .

Any advice like add or dont add stress coat ect.
 
Last edited:
I am in the process right now. I am just going to leave about 1" water in the tank and slide it across the floor tank and stand. Mine is only a 30 but I would think a 60 should be easy enough to do with a few people. I will leave everything in there including fish and coral. The fish should be ok in the water and it will be moved fast so coral should be ok.
I will remove any live rock that might tumble though if you have allot I might remove it. I have moved this tank this way before. Just do not tip it.
 
Last edited:
I personally would remove as much as possible. Leave the sand alone, but drain as much water as you can. Even an inch of water can stir up a lot and if your planning to restock everything, then you don't want sandstorm.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new