Mp10 plus tunze ato issues

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got my mp10 in my 17g mr Aqua rimless tank. I have found that many modes seem to cause my tunze ato float sensor to go up and down, constantly triggering the pump. Not enough to pump water, but to engage and disengage over and again.

Has anyone figured out a way to get these type float switches to work with the mp10?

Thanks,
Matt

dmort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this same problem with the tunze ato and a jebao pump.

I'd put the tunze on the same side as the mp10 and get the pump dialed in for a non-wave random flow.

Honestly, I found no good solution to this problem - I eventually upgraded tank size which solved the issue through increased water volume. The tunze ato is meant to be used in a return chamber, either of a sump or in a back chamber of a nano tank.

A dude at bulkreef supply suggested a half piece of PVC to surround the ato to try to absorb some of the displacement but I never bothered.

hig789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my tunze ato and 9001 skimmer in the mail last night and I have a mp10 on the way. Right now with the wave feature on my tunze 6040 the water in my back compartment goes up and down about a 1/2". Was wondering what I was going to do about that for the ato and the skimmer. Both need a consistent water level. Curious how others have solved this.

dmort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, the variable was tank height. With a little taller tank I could put the pump further down and the flow didn't effect the ato. In my current setup I have a 55 gallon and the ato and my tunze 6040 on the same side of the tank. The 6040 is positioned about half way down and it is aimed towards the center/far right of the glass.

OP
OP
Mattrg02

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, so good. I moved the float to the same side as the mp10. Any mode that produces a wave still engages the float, but the others seem to be okay now. I guess I could always turn off the ato while I run wave modes such as NTM.

Matt

dmort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also try position other equipment in front of the float. Like an overflow box or something.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got both my pumps on random flow. The Tunze 6040 about 6 inches from the sand pointing at a 45 degree angle up and the Jebao about 6 inches from the top running along the back wall and have no issues. I do miss the wave action but I like the ato better.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it due to the fact it's low behind the rocks but not being able to use the wave function just makes it another variable pump. I too would like to get another just for the cost factor and they can be linked together to alternate each other.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back