mp10 vs ice cap 2k gyre?

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking at power heads for my biocube 32, currently don't have any coral but planning on a lps dominant tank and will have a nem and want some feedback on what the best route is to take.

thanks in advance.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My 2 cents on a small tank…..I have owned both and currently using a Mp10qd on a Lagoon 25. They both are great pumps and move a lot of water. Gyre is a bigger footprint in the tank and more of a pain to clean, but has wider edge to edge flow.

Mp10 is simple to clean and smaller footprint and if you buy another wet side, you can swap it out in seconds while the other sits in citric acid.

I love the various modes of the Mp10 software. A lot of people hate mobius, while I haven’t had any issues with it. I chose Mp10 because of small footprint, huge flow and easy maintenance.

either one will fill your bio cube with flow, but in my opinion, mp10 will blend in better with your tank while not sacrificing any flow. Bigger tank, I would tell you to go gyre.

hth’s

OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents on a small tank…..I have owned both and currently using a Mp10qd on a Lagoon 25. They both are great pumps and move a lot of water. Gyre is a bigger footprint in the tank and more of a pain to clean, but has wider edge to edge flow.

Mp10 is simple to clean and smaller footprint and if you buy another wet side, you can swap it out in seconds while the other sits in citric acid.

I love the various modes of the Mp10 software. A lot of people hate mobius, while I haven’t had any issues with it. I chose Mp10 because of small footprint, huge flow and easy maintenance.

either one will fill your bio cube with flow, but in my opinion, mp10 will blend in better with your tank while not sacrificing any flow. Bigger tank, I would tell you to go gyre.

hth’s
ok thank you, ive heard both are great but wanted to get other opinions. I just dont want too much flow or a powerhead that will break in less than a year

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dial down either one. I too like Mp10 in smaller tanks. One thing to consider is that you will not be able to place it on the back wall with the dry side providing power. Just throwing that out there because you may be able to mount a gyre back there if the magnet with fit.

I am one of those mobius haters tho and control all of my vortechs and radions with a reeflink ;)

OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dial down either one. I too like Mp10 in smaller tanks. One thing to consider is that you will not be able to place it on the back wall with the dry side providing power. Just throwing that out there because you may be able to mount a gyre back there if the magnet with fit.

I am one of those mobius haters tho and control all of my vortechs and radions with a reeflink ;)
that's true, I don't think it will since I have an intank media and fuge basket, but it's worth a shot. More than likely will be placed on one of the sides.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back