MP40 flashing blue and red?

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an MP40 that had a controller board that failed. Ecotech sent me a new board and RF controller that arrived today. I plugged it in and my MP40 blinks Red and blue. I looked it up but couldn’t find anything on that error code. I swapped the power supplies and the boards on my functioning unit. The good board powers both units and the power supplies give same results. I’m gonna call ecotech tomorrow but hoping someone has some insight now so that I don’t have to wait or know what I’m talking about when I call

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue/Red flashing will typically indicate a low voltage error meaning the controller is not receiving enough power.

Sounds like your driver might be the issue..

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue/Red flashing will typically indicate a low voltage error meaning the controller is not receiving enough power.

Sounds like your driver might be the issue..
is the driver the board or the actual motor? The good board will power both units, as will either power supply. The bad board powers neither regardless of which power supply is plugged in.

Does this mean they replaced my bad board with a second bad one? The previous one wouldn’t even power on. This one at least will light up but just flashes

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the driver the board or the actual motor? The good board will power both units, as will either power supply. The bad board powers neither regardless of which power supply is plugged in.

Does this mean they replaced my bad board with a second bad one? The previous one wouldn’t even power on. This one at least will light up but just flashes
That, my fried you would have to discuss with Ecotech I'm afraid- I am only able to guide you regarding the error code and not which specific part of the driver unit / power supply that has failed sadly.

Best of luck though; I hate equipment failures but they're a part of the hobby sadly!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back