Mr. Bob Witner

reeffirstaid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
449
Reaction score
81
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you may be familiar with Bob Witner, (Snorkel Bob). Some quick background, Bob is a diving/snorkel operator in Hawaii and Sea Shepherd's vice president. He hates aquariums and blames the hobby for decimating reef populations around Hawaii. Even though there is evidence, largely handed over by Charles Delbeek of the Waikiki Aquarium, that stand in contrast to that belief, Mr. Witner soldiers on. He and I locked horns on Facebook, when he claimed that an Ornate Wrasse was impossible to keep. I told him that I had kept several over the years, successfully. He got back with some comment to the effect, that I should get fin rot. I wondered if anyone else has read his material on the aquarium hobby, or had any personal experience with him.

Here is one of his exposes

http://www.seashepherd.org/commentary-and-editorials/2012/09/04/the-dark-hobby-redux-556
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new