Multiple Black Tangs

Domsavides

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any experience with keeping 3 black tangs together ? Of course we’ve seen other Zebrasoma types being housed together but what about these? Considering for a 500 gallon reef.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are going to see little personal experience with having multiple black tangs in the same tank due to their price tag but I don't think they would be that much different from having multiples of other zebrasoma. I've seen people with multiple gems tangs that aggressively attacked each other to the point they needed to be split up, just the same as I've seen it with yellow tangs, so there is always a chance you will need to intervene at some point (most likely when they mature).
Provided you have the space and follow the normal rules, ie add them together and try and get slightly different sizes, I don't see why it would be more of a problem than other similar temprement tangs. I have seen people add hybrid blacks to blacks with just a little roughing up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back