My 34g cube

jstuver

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
497
Reaction score
30
Location
Provo, Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright well this is not my first tank, I have had a number of them:) recently I decided to downsize and wanted an all in one tank but wanted it to be a cube. So a local hobbiest that has built tanks for a few years said he would help me out. I went with 20"x20"x20" and we did the back chambers built into that at about 4".
My most recent tank was a 60g cube and so I sold a bunch of stuff that I wasn't attached to and nay kept the corals I wanted to move to the new tank. Unfortunately the tank move did not go well and I lost about 70% of my corals:( so right now I feel like I am starting over!
The fish I kept made the transition well, so I have a female snowflake clown and a male mocha clown, mandarin goby, and an unidentified wrasse that our local wrasse guru thinks may turn into a jeweled Leopard wrasse!
Most of my zoa collection still looks pretty crumby I had only kept my higher end ones and most still have not opened and a few melted as well:(
My acans are doing great, my rainbow welso is looking better thank goodness it is my favorite piece I have. I am slowly adding back to my collection and everything is doing well once again.
For lighting I just went with a 150 watt halide. Halides are still one of my favorite forms of tank lighting. Right now I have a odyssea halide/t5 combo fixture on it but it looks too bulky and so I bought a k2 viper instead just waiting for it to arrive. Next step will be to figure out how to add my blue stunner strips to it for the LED pop that I love.

I will get a pic posted tomorrow.

Wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great site and sponsors on here, I love coming to this site!

Jackie
 
I like coming to this site too. rather see nice coral pics than ppl posting pics of themselves in front of the bathroom mirror on facebook
 
Lol me too. I am on here and our local forum way more than Facebook. However it costs me a lot more money lol!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new