OP
rapid

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached photos

EF021B00-9DC0-41C8-A8BE-1C21CE43B2C9.jpeg 66DCA836-E816-4654-8EA5-8D51D6B46C72.jpeg 506619A9-0E4C-4E22-8100-C34CDE293A19.jpeg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy. Weird that it travelled up to split. I would be surprised if a Porcelain Crab had damaged it.

Just an FYI, the ReefSquad call should be preceded by a hashtag # not an at symbol @ like a name. :)

OP
OP
rapid

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy. Weird that it travelled up to split. I would be surprised if a Porcelain Crab had damaged it.

Just an FYI, the ReefSquad call should be preceded by a hashtag # not an at symbol @ like a name. :)
i thought for sure the crab had ripped it if you woulda saw the crabs clawing it you woulda thought the same regardless do you think itll be okay now that its in two there still clinging on the side of the tank? should i just do nothing and see what happens

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say if they are on the glass you could try to move them. They will likely keep moving until they secure their foot and you do not want them near a powerhead. If you plan to keep both I would look for a couple of crevices in the rockwork where they can secure themselves. No guarantee they will not move again or right back to the glass unfortunately. Anemones are weird.

It should be easy at least to get them off the glass. A gentle massaging of the foot should get them to release. Be patient, may take 10-15 minutes each. You might want to try an ice cube outside the glass against the foot to coax them off. Good luck!

OP
OP
rapid

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp the Nem split and both traveled to the rocks. For a while there was 2 but then the one looks very ill and then it vanished........ Then there was only one.

which still looks very healthy and extended its since found a nice spot on top of the rocks pics coming later.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then nem looks stalky and long stringy? no more bubbles on its tips ? is that normal?
Mine started with bubbles in my tank. For over a year now it has been long and stringy. Its split is the same way. No rhyme or reason for it really. No one knows for sure why they bubble or not.

OP
OP
rapid

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine started with bubbles in my tank. For over a year now it has been long and stringy. Its split is the same way. No rhyme or reason for it really. No one knows for sure why they bubble or not.

Super weird lol ever since the clown start hosting it it has bubbled up that big anymore.

OP
OP
rapid

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some more pics of the clown and his new love the nem.

Very strange i have 2 clowns which i thought were mated the never once left each others side and one is large and the other is small but now that the female the larger one found the nem she dosent even pay any attention to her male companion she wont let him into the nem but still checks up on him every couple minutes ?

IMG_0887.jpg IMG_0888.jpg IMG_0892.jpg

1.5 ish years

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty normal. If my female is in the anemone (the clone), she will not let the male in. She lets him stay under it or around the perimeter. If she goes to the other anemone (the original), the male goes right into the clone until she comes back. The male has never gone near the original anemone.
99B38380-4AB7-4AC9-B3DE-D9E07FFBCDA6.jpeg

64B82D60-A1DF-49EB-B9F2-65FECDB3698E.jpeg

OP
OP
rapid

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well guys the tank has been doing great been pretty stable on par. haven't been chasing numbers and been letting the tank do its thing. the clowns have been taking a liking to the nem recently and it also just split again !!!!! heres some random photos of my tank and maderian dragonet ! can you guys tell if this is a girl or guy dragonet

IMG_0923.jpg IMG_0936.jpg IMG_0944.jpg IMG_1033.jpg IMG_1174.jpg IMG_0934.jpg IMG_0935.jpg IMG_0937.jpg IMG_0938.jpg IMG_0940.JPG IMG_1032.jpg IMG_1171.jpg IMG_0931.jpg IMG_0930.jpg

OP
OP
rapid

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
rapid

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently just moved my reef.
WHOOOO that was a pain especially cause i just moved it my self. Now its located in its new spot at our new home. All fish an coral have been fine my anemone did split again now i have two healthy rose bubble tip. I have no idea why they split. they have found a nice new location to post up.

My GHA problem is still causing me some grief. I just gotten use to have a reef with GHA i occasional try to manual remove most of it when i can. but for the most part i leave it alone. Hopefully one day i can get a good fish that will eat away the algae currently working on adding a lawnmower blennie or a tail spot. when my LFS get them in on Tuesday. Ive always wanted one. i have completely stopped chasing numbers for my parameters. I do check NO3 and phosphate every now and then. i also may back off on the weekly water change and just go for top off water. I will go back to doing monthly water change if that.

OP
OP
rapid

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i just added a lawnmower blennie and a emerald crab to see if it will graze on my algae. regaurdless i really enjoy the LMB cant wait untill he warms up to the tank and comes outa the rock work.

OP
OP
rapid

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHA is still a huge issue tho for some reason i never had any issues with GHA untill the last couple months! Its defintly nutrient related i believe

Back