OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I haven’t updated in a few days so here it goes!
I’m battling green hair alage, it’s not really getting worse but is not getting better. My phosphate is .03 and nitrate 12 ppm. I continue to do 10 gallon water changes weekly and 10 ml nopox a day. My skimmer is skimming much wetter now that nopox has been being dosed. Going forward I am probably going to experiment with bio pellets especially since the tank is not stocked.

So I look at all different threads on here and have determined I absolutely love the way tanks running radions look. So I picked one up and set it up. As my luck would have it it was a dud. So EcoTech is shipping me a new xr30g4 pro and it will be installed tomorrow.

I received my coral deliver today from a person I bought from on here. Long story short I opened the shipping container which had zero damage on it to find 3//5 frag containers crushed and empty with no water in them. The styrofoam they where in wasn’t totally closed so it looked like the containers the coral where in was squished to fit. My tsa firework coral I believe is dead the rest I don’t know what’s viable. I through everything into my tank to see what happens. If the live great but if not I will going for a refund via PayPal as the seller told be “ he didn’t do refunds” check out the pics!

67E8BDB3-ED39-4251-A9EE-1D1410A09D6C.jpeg

F30E7A78-B320-4C32-B4AA-031EDE5D3D94.jpeg

29171C0A-2FDE-4F06-AC6D-8F51E9E1FA0D.jpeg

3AC72127-269F-44A0-ADC6-9D656FA619E2.jpeg

93E19AC0-CEBE-4F39-93C2-CD415362C9BE.jpeg

276EE9BB-D9AE-48E2-ADC7-E367521542C9.jpeg

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As always comments questions concerns are more than welcome.......

Ohhh btw I’ve decided to ditch and return my coral box dosing pump. They sent my new heads but it still lets liquid leak out. I’m not sure which pump I want yet so suggestions always welcome

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started the process with PayPal and will include the pictures above As proof
Good luck, pay pal is usually very good about issuing refunds when they are warranted, which in this case they definitely are. This is exactly why I only buy coral from local reefers.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, pay pal is usually very good about issuing refunds when they are warranted, which in this case they definitely are. This is exactly why I only buy coral from local reefers.
Keep us updated
So the seller is playing hardball...... I will now share our entire exchange and esp the last message he just sent me

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you won't get back anything you sent as a gift, but if you paid the $75 goods and services for the pack you should get that back. Never use Gift for transactions or you're pretty much screwed.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After missing multiple shipping dates I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Then I asked just to refund the money because I go back to work today and would not be home. He went ahead and said he packs corals very well and he has had packages sit for 96 hours and be perfectly fine. I took the chance. When he found out I opened a paypal claim he said sorry there’s nothing I can do for you live stock is not guaranteed and he never claimed it would survive the shipping. The. He accused me of letting it sit for to long and it was my fault.

trevormass7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After missing multiple shipping dates I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Then I asked just to refund the money because I go back to work today and would not be home. He went ahead and said he packs corals very well and he has had packages sit for 96 hours and be perfectly fine. I took the chance. When he found out I opened a paypal claim he said sorry there’s nothing I can do for you live stock is not guaranteed and he never claimed it would survive the shipping. The. He accused me of letting it sit for to long and it was my fault.
If it got there at almost 11 am and was in the tank by noon, that's acclimation time. Other that forcefully closing there's no way items inside a box can be damaged without there being some kind of effect on the outside and I would know because my family has owned 4 different routes for FedEx

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it got there at almost 11 am and was in the tank by noon, that's acclimation time. Other that forcefully closing there's no way items inside a box can be damaged without there being some kind of effect on the outside and I would know because my family has owned 4 different routes for FedEx
Right that was exactly my point. The styrofoam inner box was lodged open but the coral containers they where to big to close and it was obvious he just smashed it shut

trevormass7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just plain bad business, if he didn't want to make the sale just say nevermind but don't send someone dead animals them refuse a refund because you were negligent

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back