LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now this great threat is filled with negativity
I’m ready to move on! So here we go...... I’ve decided to purchase the BRS biopellet reactor in hopes I can stop dosing liquid carbon. Every time I dose the water appears cloudy for the next few hours which I know is normal but I think a reactor would suite my needs better

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooooo yea then I get this pic in a text from the fiancé ...... this bad boy waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow hopefully I have better luck !

8F277A85-ED50-4DF3-958D-9ECEA11B5FA3.jpeg

trevormass7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a pro so don't quote me but I sugar dose for carbon. About 1/8 a teaspoon for 30g

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m going to pick up some sort of hammer coral next week. A Lfs near be has a tank full of hammer frags..... I’m just nervous about getting it as it will be my first real healthy new coral I pick up. What do you guys and gals think ?

trevormass7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any issues with cyano ? I’ve read that sugar dosing could lead to that specific issue
I haven't but I had really strong flow when I did dose. My systems kinda settled in so I don't anymore

trevormass7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m going to pick up some sort of hammer coral next week. A Lfs near be has a tank full of hammer frags..... I’m just nervous about getting it as it will be my first real healthy new coral I pick up. What do you guys and gals think ?
I love my hammer coral, I've never had problems with mine even with parameter swings

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried my best to stay and work with him be now he’s just getting mad at the fact I want my money back. I told him have a good night and talk to PayPal about it. I hope no one else has to go through this
You handle it much better then I would have.

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my frog spawn, I think it is in the process of splitting now. One head has two mouths. I think you will be fine with a hammer there are pretty hardy corals, and I do love me some euphyllia.

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frogspawn is another one at the top of my list and has been a favorite of mine even when I was without a tank for the last 5 or so years. I’m searching for a purple green hammer or frogspawn but LFS around me don’t getvthise colors in a lot

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frogspawn is another one at the top of my list and has been a favorite of mine even when I was without a tank for the last 5 or so years. I’m searching for a purple green hammer or frogspawn but LFS around me don’t getvthise colors in a lot
That's what color my frog spawn is I will get a picture of it when I get a chance

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mind my rock covered in sand it is a constant battle with my goby, I clean it off she puts all of it back on and then some, I clean it off she puts it all back on plus my snails and hermits, she is a fun fish.
IMG_0804.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back