FA776F25-4D27-44B6-AC46-AE6BC5D66C4D.jpeg
What is she? I love that!

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a little more progress on the tank today, mostly because the better half was yelling at me to get all the stuff off the floor :D.. stand came out perfectly level on the first try which is great because the leveling feet don’t appear to be the best quality so I feel better with them screwed all the way in flush with the frame..

E4FF5D26-0BF7-4C35-8DE8-61EB283E5A05.jpeg

Perfectly level right out of the box:D
004D0EE1-567D-43C9-A462-424A0C675D6A.jpeg
So I bought a 29 gallon and same stand. But I have none of the expensive equipment so far just a Eheim 250 canister. I am seeing how I like SW before I move to a larger system. Like you, I have bought things on sale or at good prices. What RO/DI system do you use? I am altering some inexpensive curtains from Walmart to cover up the stand.

Last edited:

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed my temp controller, it will probably be the only visible control panel as I plan to put everything else into a cabinet next to stand.. I want to be able to easily see temp at a glance without opening cabinet

439F1054-DD0A-49B2-AE49-3941F481D926.jpeg
What make and model is the controller? I don't see it on your list.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading to petco now.. I’m going to just buy another tank and do the swap then return the defective one for refund. Will to need to paint the back before setting it up so that may take quite a few coats over a couple days to get it coverd good, just hope it doesn’t completely let go before I can do the change over
How many days and coats did you have to do with that paint?

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a 29 gallon and same stand. But I have none of the expensive equipment so far just a Eheim 250 canister. I am seeing how I like SW before I move to a larger system. Like you, I have bought things on sale or at good prices. What RO/DI system do you use? I am altering some inexpensive curtains from Walmart to cover up the stand.

My RO system is from fountainhead.. I was thinking about curtain also but kinda like having the engine exposed so I can see whats going on at a glance.

Where do you keep this in the wintertime?

I keep it in my laundry room and actually use it inside for the most part, I have an adapter that fits my kitchen sink.

What make and model is the controller? I don't see it on your list.

The controller is a Reef Keeper lite, they are no longer made but you can fine them for sale on the used market.. found mine here on R2R for a great deal.

How many days and coats did you have to do with that paint?

I did a couple coats on the paint and I gave it a day or to dry.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you also add pictures of your lights and need to know models. I have not figured out yet if I will have to upgrade or not.

Sorry missed this one ;) lights are 36" 4 bulb aquatic life T5 hybrid (running all blue+) with a coralbox moon LED fixture mounted in the center..

6EA01654-1077-4148-8243-4547C46E1AF7.png

4E770380-0E62-49D4-B85B-1DAAD9F4AFFA.png

63A84226-7960-4D62-89B7-711506FA25F2.png

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RO system is from fountainhead.. I was thinking about curtain also but kinda like having the engine exposed so I can see whats going on at a glance.

I keep it in my laundry room and actually use it inside for the most part, I have an adapter that fits my kitchen sink.

The controller is a Reef Keeper lite, they are no longer made but you can fine them for sale on the used market.. found mine here on R2R for a great deal.

I did a couple coats on the paint and I gave it a day or to dry.
So on Fountainhead, they have nothing on their website about the actual company. Not even their location which is odd. How long have you been using their product(s)? The prices are very reasonable.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t think it’s my fish never seen them messing with anything and not sure any of them would be capable of carrying frags across tank.. I have a clown, 2 chromes and a couple damsels. I should set up a cam and see what’s going on when I’m not looking.. lol
What kind of damsels and do they all get along? I am planning on 2 clowns, a royal gramma and one damsel. I have been advised to get a yellow tail damsel. What do you recommend?

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on Fountainhead, they have nothing on their website about the actual company. Not even their location which is odd. How long have you been using their product(s)? The prices are very reasonable.

found the basic 6 stage system on ebay and so far its been a great unit for the price.. I did add a pump to increase input pressure and two extra canisters for carbon and DI resin to upgrade it to 8 stage.

What kind of damsels and do they all get along? I am planning on 2 clowns, a royal gramma and one damsel. I have been advised to get a yellow tail damsel. What do you recommend?

I have Azures and Talbots, they are butt heads like all damsels constantly harassing each other ;) yellow tail probably good as any but I would put it in last after other fish are well established and doing ok.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree.. automation scares me, I have float switches to implement as fail safes but can only blame myself for not installing them yet ;Facepalm fortunately my small ATO reservoir only had about 3 gallons in it which probably saved me from a complete wipe out.
Do you recommend the same ATO you bought or would you go with something different now?

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found the basic 6 stage system on ebay and so far its been a great unit for the price.. I did add a pump to increase input pressure and two extra canisters for carbon and DI resin to upgrade it to 8 stage.

I have Azures and Talbots, they are butt heads like all damsels constantly harassing each other ;) yellow tail probably good as any but I would put it in last after other fish are well established and doing ok.
That's the plan. I am wondering how long it is going to be before the lfs's get any decent stock in.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning sir!

Your acans are incredibly happy, all the time. Aminos? Broadcasting or? Nothing? I'm so jealous.

Thanks man.. I direct fed them for about a year but growth in the tank was getting out of hand along with the GHA issues so about five months ago I stopped feeding them all together. I do dose aminos but only a fraction of recommend amounts.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back